The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Top 10 Black Sabbath Songs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
I saw John Prine several months ago at the Sellersville theater. He has had a continuous and successful career (with the exception of his bout with throat cancer) for over 40 year playing small venues. If you don't believe look up his web site and check his busy domestic scheduel.

Santa
The famous Svengali pitch man who's name (ML) can't even be mentioned here is only 2 years older than me, but he is my magic mentor.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Al, we don't give out initials. Next thing you know people will be aware of the book on our mentors life written by this showman with the help of some of the most respected names in magic. They don't care about a guy who has had a life long success as a pitchman, magician, hypnotist, and psychic on an international level. They don't want to know about the stories of some of the greats in magic and mentalsm, the inside scoop so to speak. So please, Al, show a little respect and no more names or initials. Thank you.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
ML... Martin Lawrence?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Indeed...an amazing actor. He can ruin any movie as long as he is in a scene.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Don't forget the drummer of the pixies is a magician that performs at the magic castle.
P3
practice practice perform.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
You couldn't leave a radio station on for 1/2 hour in the mid-80's without hearing that Cutting Crew song.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
May or may not have?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Okay, I can't resist. Here are some video clips of my band (I try to play guitar when I'm not fumbling hopelessly with cups and balls or Johnson coin gaffs) covering a few Black Sabbath classics at a local pub.

Our take on "N.I.B." can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_h2FQSVGI0

"Children Of The Grave" is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e2ij0lB41o&NR=1

And of course we cannot neglect "Iron Man": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgK3xeXz1o

Happy New Year!
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well....Tony Moore, Svengali pitchman, played one live show with Iron Maiden which is a lot more than virtually the entire population of the world that has lived since 1960 has. I doubt he was grabbed that morning and asked to play he must have had a relationship with the band prior to it and he has played Albert Hall, not bad. The important thing is he wrote the intro for a guy he worked for 30 plus years ago which says something about both he and McLeod. I think McLeod also has a niece who is a musician.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-12-31 13:35, maiden wrote:
And here is Tony Moore at HIS local pub!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm_lz06apA8
that was pretty good. funny intro, and the first song was quite catchy.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When Styx first hit huge they played their first arena show in San Francisco or Oakland, can't recall which, and they had to set up a complete new floor for the show made up of white tiles. Very theatrical. They were running cables and a guy walks up and says "test test" and there is feedback so they pull some tiles and the guy checks 'em and puts the tiles back. He walks up to the mike and says 'test test' and it works so he turns, walks about three feet away, turns back, and goes into the first song....it was Dennis DeYoung and he was on stage the whole time so people just ignored him. Also since he distracted everyone with the thing with the mike no one noticed the band had taken their places. Great opening. They were very good at using misdirection at the opening of shows.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Quote:
On 2010-09-20 15:43, MagicSanta wrote:
Al, we don't give out initials. Next thing you know people will be aware of the book on our mentors life written by this showman with the help of some of the most respected names in magic. They don't care about a guy who has had a life long success as a pitchman, magician, hypnotist, and psychic on an international level. They don't want to know about the stories of some of the greats in magic and mentalsm, the inside scoop so to speak. So please, Al, show a little respect and no more names or initials. Thank you.

Ah, yes. I think I know the chap you mean. A genius of the first magnitude if I may say so. And the book you are all talking about is out now. The title of the said literary masterpiece is "The Lives of a Showman". And the Iron Maiden/ Cutting Crew musician you are all talking about actually wrote an introduction to the said opus. Alas, just lately he has suddenly become quite demented and has just lately developed an enthusiastic interest in mentalism. Personally, I think he should stick to his day job as the brilliant musician he most certainly is. He is one of my favourite people and this is what he wrote in my memoirs.

"I first met Ronnie McLeod (as I knew him) in the early 70's when I was about 12 or 13. I had just stumbled on the ability to spring cards when my parents took me to the Bristol Ideal Homes exhibition, I saw Ronnie sat at a booth with a big sign saying " Magic Demonstrations". After seeing him also springing the cards, I precociously went up to him and said I could do that! Thus began a long working relationship with Ronnie, learning magic and selling Svengalis. I did two summer seasons in Blackpool and even went to Toronto with him for 3 months when I was nineteen years old.

Those days taught me so much about life AND gave me an income that I used to buy expensive keyboards and equipment ready to start my life as a professional musician. I always look back fondly on my time spent with him. To many he appeared mean and moody, but to me he was the most generous of souls and a man of honour and passion, a real friend. I eventually stopped working for him to go and play in a band that no one had ever heard of, a band called Iron Maiden...but that's another story.

Tony Moore - London - 2010
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Here is Tony performing "I just died in your arms tonight". This was the song that he had the hit record with Cutting Crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZ7N4d4Zxw&feature=related

And to think he wants to be a mentalist now...............
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Better than you becoming a heavy metal musician.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
That is true. But then Tony wasn't destined to be a heavy metal musician either. I told him that I didn't really think he was suited for the Iron Maiden and I was surprised he lasted so long. He replied, "Yes, they WERE a noisy lot!"

I do remember him leaving them. I asked why and he said "Oh, I don't think they have good prospects"
That is the reason I think he should avoid mentalism. His predictions tend to be a bit off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Top 10 Black Sabbath Songs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL