The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Challeneged to a glass walk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
So I recently hit 1250 subscribers on Youtube, and as a result I offered them the chance to challenge me to do 10 things. I suggested that these could be things related to my Mentalism or such.

Someone suggested a glass walk. And I can't resist.

If anyone tells me "Ohh its too dangerous, don't do it" then your wasting your breath because I will try. I understand the basic principles, but I know I must understand futher. What are the basic books on glass walking? Can it be taught on a DVD? I've always been ambitious and have done some spectacularly stupid/dangerous stunts before this, but this will be the first "pre-planned" one, so I might as well make it count.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
CHeck out the Swami Mantra book. I think you can find it at Penguin Magic.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I have read an explanation for this type of stunt previously (like Derren Brown on one of his live specials), and they seem like if you set it up right, it will work, even throw in a few convincers and it will look all the better.

I can't really give any tried and tested advice but to me it LOOKS like it's all in the set up and the acting Smile

good luck
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I think the Swami/Mantra book does explain this as well as eating glass, jumping on a glass pile, etc. But the author says - do not try and do this, just use the book as an explanation !

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
I walked on glass in a sideshow before. actually not much to it. just pick your glass right and go for it. prepare your feet by walking barefoot alot, over different rough surfaces. that is about all there is too it.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Watch the Derren Brown version, it's on an Official you tube site now from Channel 4 (if you can get it)

he has people break bottles etc and put them down fresh but they are put down by stage hands I think, and they put the dangerous bits to the side, don't walk on those. Watch it with an eye for finding out how to do it and it will go well
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2010-08-29 23:35, amazingvijay wrote:
I think the Swami/Mantra book does explain this as well as eating glass, jumping on a glass pile, etc. But the author says - do not try and do this, just use the book as an explanation !

Vijay

True, it does explain some utterly bizarre feats as well, like drinking acid (or something similar) and such.

I did try the glass walk a couple times as described in the book and I was amazed on how easy it seemed. Of course I was scared like hell, but bottomline is that if you do it carefully it won't be any problem.

If I recall correctly, Luis De Matos has a DVD set that also teaches it in detail. "Extreme Body Stunts" or something like that.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
OKAY WAIT.

Swami Mantra is a NO GO. Do NOT try and learn anything from that book other than card tricks, you WILL seriously injure yourself if you follow those instructions.

With your, "If anyone tells me "Ohh its too dangerous, don't do it" then your wasting your breath because I will try. " attitude, I don't know if you'd be very good at convincing anyone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to sideshow stunts, myself included, to tell you anything. Without any proper knowledge, go ahead try it, you'll cut yourself.

My advice to you is to go over to the Believe It Or Not section of the Café, and poke around for more info there.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL