The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Guy Hollingworth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
& Special Guest
414 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Another vote for Waving the Aces and Voodoo Card.
Regarding Reformation I prefer the Yves Doumergues Version.
Simplest of the schoolboys now knows truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
942 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Guy Hollingworth is, in my opinion, perhaps the classiest magician extant.

I love doing a visual oil and water with the optical alignment--it looks like honest to goodness magic.

Drawing Room Deceptions is one of the few books a literate layman would still find interesting.
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
I love Guy Hollingworth s work - also his Videos are excellent!

Martin
life is real magic
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
Quote:
On 2003-07-07 11:05, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Drawing Room Deceptions is one of the few books a literate layman would still find interesting.

Excerpt:
"This concludes the tearing part of the effect. It therefore constitutes a good point to pause and have a cup of tea before embarking on the restoration part of the routine."

You gotta love it!
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Oz
Your website llos awesome (="GREAT") However, I can not seem to get into it with Prof XP and Media Player and even adding the Div (the free version at least) Any tips?
Marty K
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I regularly perform his Waving the Aces routine with the surprise ending utilizing the Quartet gimmick. His innovative thinking has always inspired me to think outside the box with a lot of classic plots in magic.

As far as my favorite Hollingworth piece... it could either be L'Arc de Triomphe or New Material, both found on his London Collections video. I love how these illusions have kicker endings; the audience never gives a mediocre reaction to these effects. In L'Arc de Triomphe, not only does the magician reveal the selected card at the end of a Triumph routine, he manages to find all of its mates as well! It also takes place all in the hands. In New Material, the performer is able to visually rip the lost aces through the lining of his jacket. To produce the last ace, he rips the entire deck through the inside of his jacket, leaving one card inside his pocket: the remaining ace of spades. This effect needs to be seen to be believed. It's all very workable material with my highest recommendations.

RT
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1606 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Absolutely correct, magicians who perform classic card effect with kicker ending always attract our attention.

Because we are magicians, we know the effect and want to see tricks that bring back the magical experience to us again and again.

We need to judge which type of spectators need to see such surprise kicker ending, or combination of classic together.

Of course, Guy Hollingworth's routine is brilliant and his tape tell me that what is mean by difficult card sleight. (I want to say there are many other magicians give me the same idea too, like Greg Wilson Card Stunt, Ray Kosby Impossible Card Magic)
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Wave the Aces.
Reformation.

I also like the VooDoo card effect he describes in the beginning of the book. he says people who skipped the first chapter are not as lucky as people who are reading it at the moment Smile

Hey, are you really Oz Pearlman? Smile
I thought you were hilarious when you asked for the girls phone number Smile you shoulda put more performance footage in your demo vid for BORN TO PERFORM.
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Voodoo card and reformation are amazing, Cassadra Quandry intruiging, Ambiodextrous Interchange extremly difficult, and thinking on everything is superb.

Instead of delving into all these great things, I advise everyone to get his book just for the triumph. IMHO there is none better, well worth the price of the book on its own.

It's a real worker that can be done impromtue with any deck of cards with no setup. Card tricks like this are always ready and hard to find, get it!
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I find Guy Hollingworth's material is really hard and needs a lot of practice to master. I try to keep my stuff simple. (KISS)
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Hmmm. last post was in 2004. Well here goes anyways. Just got Guy's Quartet booklet and the special something that comes with it. I was FLOORED the first time I saw Waving the Aces. It was like, for me anyways, that if magic were really all around us that it would look exactly like Waving the Aces. So waited patiently for the second printing of Deceptions, found and bought his Collections VHS and FINALLY found Quartet. So, um anybody know where I can still find the Quartet 'refills'?!?!
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Ever thought about visiting his site as suggested in the booklet?
http://www.guy-hollingworth.com Smile

Hmmm...could someone please pass me the salt to go with my foot. I just tried the links on the site and they led to nowhere.
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Hi Everyone.

I read Guy's Book(Drawung room deception) and his method for torn and restored card is the best.I know some other method and I have talked with YVES DOUMERGUE on this routine(He jas one of his own) and he also told me that Guy's routine in a masterpiece but very hard to perform.

ypu can check his routine in:
http://www.mymagic.com/doumergue.htm

In one of the issues of Genii Magazine of 1999 Guy's handling of the Professor nightmare trick is explained and he has a great method there.

Have fun
Roi
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
http://www.trickshop.co.uk have some sort of connection with Guy the last time I checked, maybe you should check there
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
I know it has been a while since anyone has posted here but does anyone have a favourite since 'The Hollingworth Collection' was released? I love his waving the Aces close up method, although finding it a lot harder than the original version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Guy Hollingworth (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL