The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Meteor!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I just saw a meteor at about 10:20pm Ohio time. Its path from when I first saw it was somewhere around the Northwestern sky over to the South Eastern sky. I would guesstimate from somewhere around Draco through Cassiopeia to about Taurus is the approximate path it took. It seemed like a rather large size streak, not just a thin line, like some I have seen. It was awesome. I wonder if anyone else saw this...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Check local meteorologists and astronomers. You might have seen a fireball (which is simply a very bright meteorite).

We had a very bright fireball last year as I was driving home from work. I was perfectly placed to see the biggest fireball in memory, except that as it flew across the sky, I was in a cloverleaf intersection, and was pointing the wrong direction. GRRR.

Nice sighting. Keep us posted if this turns into something big.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Meteor!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL