We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3CM, 3CF or other? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Please can anyone advise which coin(s) are best for 3 Fly but also versatile enough to perform other effects?
I'd like to be able to string together a couple of effects with the same gaff(s).
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey Uncle, these are very nice coins sets indeed, no argument about that...Top quality stuff. Incidentally, I would say the 3CF is better being able to do a little more IMHO.

That said, you should try the T.U.C by Mr. Tango. Saw this recently and it's quite interesting, flexible and adaptive...Very nice idea! It works well and allows you to do all sorts of effects, which Mr. Tango clearly illustrates in the accompanying DVD, which includes a pretty slick 3-Fly. This coin meets your every need you speak of here. I suggest you check it out, it's well worth it IMHO and won't break the bank. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Great advice from MB who... by the way... does a great 3Fly with no gaffs Smile I have seen him do it on the streets of NYC. 3CF and 3CM are great coins and I highly recommend them. But...for a good 3 Fly you can use a Sh**l or Slipper Sam and come up with some great routines.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
I personnaly have U3F from Todd Lassen and I am very satisfied with it. In a fraction of second I can take the gimmick out of play and continu with another routine. I love this set.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1601 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I second MB's recommendation, The TUC is an incredibly innovative and flexible gaff. Mr Tango is a Café member and I prefer to buy directly from him (by PMing him). FYI I believe he has some ready made Morgan 1921 TUC's he is selling for a very reasonable price. If you prefer soft Morgans, you will need to buy them and send them to him.

The Triple threat and 3CM are great gaffs and the 3CF is a nice innovation (by the way, if you want the Schoolcraft coins, you can't go wrong buying from TC - I've seen a small portion of what he has in stock and it's impressive), but my Morgan TUC is so unbelievably smooth in operation that (even though it's cheaper) I'd have to say it's more versatile and usable than my Triple Threat. (in case you didn't know, the 3CM is Schoolcraft and the triple threat is Lassen - they are slightly different but do the same things).

Just my opinion.

Regards,

Alan
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
I have the 3CM and it just plain kills, easy to use, very deceptive no fake moves.
I also have Bob Kohler's Ultimate 3 Fly and that also kills lay audiences. I give a small edge to 3CM for ease of use and the Never miss factor. Hope that helps..
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Thanks chaps, that's all very helpful. Sounds like the T.U.C is good for a few routines. Just to clarify - is the 3CM or 3CF only for 3 Fly then or can they be used in other effects too?
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
They can both be used for lots of other stuff. The nice thing about the 3CM and 3CF is that you can do some very nice vanishes in thin air and not have to ditch anything. You can start with no coins and produce one from no-where, then another and then another. You can then transition to a 3fly routine and finish by vanishing all the coins. It is pricey but well worth the spend.

Regarding the TUC...I was at Dean's Shoppe last month and he has a TUC Ike dollar. He did a fantastic 3fly routine with it. Very smooth. I would love to have a Morgan TUC. I may break down and have Mr. Tango make me one.

Cheers!

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Love to see all these responses from people actually have and know this stuff well. Good show! Makes you wonder sometimes how the big boys missed this incredible innovation from Mr. Tango? Well that's because the horse out front don't always win and the horse in the back don't always lose. Smile He can change into a champion at anytime in the race.

And I must agree with Alan here that TC is the man when it comes to these gaff coins. He knows all about them and is really a connosuer as to them. His website is the place to go if you want the best stuff from the best guys out there. Not to mention, he's a great guy and marvelous to do business and magic with. Smile I recommend him without the slightest reservation.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Thank you all, that's put me in the picture now. Although I think I'll have to put TUC, 3CM & 3CF in a hat & see what I pull out first as they all sound so good!
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1601 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 09:18, UncleBunkle wrote:
Thank you all, that's put me in the picture now. Although I think I'll have to put TUC, 3CM & 3CF in a hat & see what I pull out first as they all sound so good!

Before you do that, I would recommend you do some research on all three right here in the Café. The TUC thread is right here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=320107&forum=202&306.
It's long, but well worth reading. Answers a lot of questions.

As to the Schoolcraft coins, a quick PM to TC should answer all the questions that can't be posted on an open forum.

Regards,

Alan
majicjoe213
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of majicjoe213
3M
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
59 Posts

Profile of 3M
Agreed with Banzai- the TUC is a versatile gimmick, but if you don't mind breaking the bank then the Schoolcraft sets truly are works of art and open up worlds of possibilities.
Semper Magus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3CM, 3CF or other? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL