The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek’s Lecture In Orlando (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Everyone,

I attended the lecture in Orlando Florida and it was the best lecture that I have ever seen. The room was full of magicians but for maybe three people who said they did mentalism. I sat next to a magician who kept making little noises to himself every time Banachek did something. He would somewhat hum/groan as if to say to himself…. WTF! LOL … Then he would look at me with the deer in the headlights look. It was great!

Banachek had poise and total control of the room. He GAVE so much to the guys in the room that I really was amazed at how freely and cannily he spoke. It was really refreshing to see such character and leadership in the field of mentalism.

This was also the first time that I have seen the phone book prediction and it floored the magicians. Once again the guy next to me made funny noise (WTF) and looked over at me like a lost child. LOL

I have done Q&A’s but found Banachek’s really GOOD! I am not going to describe it here because I don’t want people trying to back track on it. Needless to say I heard the same noise from the guy next to me AGAIN! LOL

Banachek mention that he was planning on writing another book on something very dear to my heart that I am sure many of you will find very TOUCHING.

One of the most important things that came up and this was just as a spur of the moment thing. And that was when he talked about magicians being their own worst enemies. How MANY will cut down other magicians by telling lay people how a magician isn’t as good as they really think. It harms the overall art and brings us (magicians) down. I am guilty of this myself and will now change how I approach this when asked about certain entertainers. I respected his thoughts on this matter and see the logic behind it.

The lecture started at 7:30PM and went until midnight! What an amazing lecture…..

Best
Ray
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I love how tightly scripted he is. It really shows just how much experience he has in the field with live spectators as he has complete awareness of using situational patter. Brilliant.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Banachek never ceases to amaze me. Not just with his knowledge, but with his willingness to share with the community. With all of the incredibly powerful stuff he shares, it makes you wonder what kind of powerhouse ideas he keeps to himself! Banachek is also one of the sweetest people you'll ever have the chance of meeting.

-rob
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 11:00, r1z08 wrote:
Banachek never ceases to amaze me. Not just with his knowledge, but with his willingness to share with the community. With all of the incredibly powerful stuff he shares, it makes you wonder what kind of powerhouse ideas he keeps to himself! Banachek is also one of the sweetest people you'll ever have the chance of meeting.

-rob
I've only met him once at a lecture but must echo the above. He's truly a great person on and off the stage.

Steve
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi Guys

I love banachek and his work but no offence he has the same lecture for last few years.
Getting boring

Paul.W
From israel
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Forget the technical stuff he teaches at his lectures, just simply watching him go through the performance during the lecture is absolutely invaluable. You gain insight on the subtleties, timing, and "improvisation" that is not available elsewhere (including the L&L videos). Invaluable.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2850 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I saw Banachek last week on the Miami leg of his lecture tour and was also impressed with every aspect as mentioned above. Over four hours without missing a beat!

I am very familiar with the material Banachek shared but never felt bored for a single moment. While the content and structure of his lectures may follow a tried and true path, it is responses to each individual, along with each individual situation, that made it so compelling. And even though I know a lot of the material, I still learned a great deal and at many levels.

Banachek also went out of his way to make sure no one was left in the cold and that everyone, no matter how experienced or a lecture veteran, left with something new. Also, I have never seen anyone lecture with so little interest in selling products.

Guy Bavli was in attendance and at the end summed up the night most eloquently. I wish I had taped that exact moment but his words were to the effect that just like Dunninger, Annemann, Corinda and Kreskin have left an indelible mark in the field of mentalism we just experienced the privilege of witnessing a lecture by someone else who's name will also go down in history the history of mentalism as a true innovator and creator of classics.

Banachek's own passion for the work was evident. He was a true gentleman through and through and it was an experience I will always remember and cherish.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of david12345
I saw him two weeks ago in NYC, same experience. I was very familiar with techniques and his effects, but I still gained and sat in awe like akid in the Wonka Factiry from his timing, subtleties, audience management, and his overall approach and thought process.
He is as genuine and sincere as they come.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I was sitting right next to my pal Bill Cushman the entire time (Guy Bavli just behind us) and I echo Bill's words.

Banachek's lecture should not be missed if you have the opportunity to see it.

Bill, your performance in the car convinced me to order the material you expertly demonstrated. Good times. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek’s Lecture In Orlando (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL