We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First time street performer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi, all.

I am going to go into one of my local towns later this week and do some street performing. I am after getting a crowd and putting on a show, maybe 15 to 20 minutes, and want your thoughts on how best to proceed.

I figure that I will do a routine including...
A Vanishing bottle (the Neilsen type)
Ring and rope
A Bit of comedy mentalism
and Electronic Release to finish

The routines above are all tried and tested for me, so I know how to apply them. I want more info really on the structure of the show.

I thought it may be a good idea to do something a bit visual to get a bit of attention. I was thinking that I may do some juggling and, while people watch, tell them that a show is on the way in a few minutes....

Then once there is a small crowd, bring out the vanishing bottle.
It's a warm up really. I thought I can keep their attention for a minute or 2 and get them to make a bit of noise.

Then into the ring and rope, again a comedy routine, and on to the mentalism.
Finally, the BIG FINISH.... an Electronic Release. I do it with helpers who end up in the release instead of me at the end, and again, I do it in a comedy esque way.

So, my main question is this. What do you think of the above, and how and when do I ask for money? thanks
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
oktay
View Profile
New user
Netherlands/Holland
5 Posts

Profile of oktay
So many views and not one reply...I was wondering if you did perform or not? And if you did, how did you manage?
when you lose (get caught with your pants down) don't lose the lesson....
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
For starters limit it to no more than 3 routines. keep it short about 10 min.
after you get your crowd mention you work for tips, mention it again in the middle. then hat 'em at the end.

when starting out try 10min for ten people for 10$
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
A short show might be best for a newbie, a great Ray suggested. Good luck!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi guys

yes I did perform and I went back again a few days later. had a great time and learned a lot as well asmaking some money too.
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day WKM

I see that your original post was back in August & as noted there was no response back then but a lot of people had looked at your original post.

I am interested to know if you stayed with your idea from the beginning and if you modified anything on the first or later performing days.

Also how did you approach the hat lines etc and how well did they work - were you able to keep the audience through to the end and what have you learned.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First time street performer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL