The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Yes you do get a special something in a tube, (actually it's more in the form of a pen) I don't think it's a real secret or there'd be any reason not to name it here, but since you've been careful I won't name it either now! I'll PM you a link, not very hard to find, but I think you need to know the exact name of it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5292 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Got your PM Cosmo. Thanks for the info!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The Special stuff is completely covered on the DVD.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2010-10-15 00:54, tdowell wrote:
An earlier version of this was produced by Magic Wagon and was called the "Black Box Mystery". The method is identical, however the Lightning Box adds technical improvements to the gimmick and provides you with dvd instructions and preparation materials, which the Black Box did not. The Lightning Box is also slightly larger allowing for an extra item like the poker chip, and, it is less awkward to handle than the old Black Box (which is no longer available).

Tdowell, you are correct and I spent yesterday afternoon with Pattavoot Sangruchi from Magic Wagon Bangkok discussing Black Box Mystery and Lightning Box. Black Box Mystery was released in 2008 as can been seen by the following review.

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?nd=reviews&search_realsku=3834

Tony Curtis
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-01-19 20:13, Tony Curtis wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-15 00:54, tdowell wrote:
An earlier version of this was produced by Magic Wagon and was called the "Black Box Mystery". The method is identical, however the Lightning Box adds technical improvements to the gimmick and provides you with dvd instructions and preparation materials, which the Black Box did not. The Lightning Box is also slightly larger allowing for an extra item like the poker chip, and, it is less awkward to handle than the old Black Box (which is no longer available).

Tdowell, you are correct and I spent yesterday afternoon with Pattavoot Sangruchi from Magic Wagon Bangkok discussing Black Box Mystery and Lightning Box. Black Box Mystery was released in 2008 as can been seen by the following review.

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?nd=reviews&search_realsku=3834

Tony Curtis

How come the creators are ignoring this post?
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
What can I say ... I absolutely love the Lightning Box. I actually bought this expecting to use it with a completely different routine. After watching the DVD and burning through a few decks practicing the Mercury Fold, I am using this in ways I never anticipated. The construction and function is outstanding. I was uncertain at first as I thought its function was a bit sticky. After following Bob's directions in the DVD and adding the suggested lubricant (only once - never needed to repeat) it works perfectly ... every time. This has been great fun to perform.

Dan.
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
184 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I have played a game for about 50 years that if my Magic Show could only have three effects in it what would they be? The Lightning Box is in - I doubt it will ever be replaced.

Best,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
My box is quite noisy when you make the shuttle pass.
Has anyone else experienced this? And are there any solutions?
andyvan3226
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of andyvan3226
Quote:
On 2011-12-17 16:12, JD_UK wrote:
My box is quite noisy when you make the shuttle pass.
Has anyone else experienced this? And are there any solutions?

I just got my LB in the mail. All I can say is that I'm thankful there are guys like Bob making such quality (and cleverly thought out) props for us mortals to perform with. Wow! It's perfect.

Yeah, you could say there's a noise on mine - but only if you were feeling guilty about it and listening for it in the first place. There are some really clever (Jamy Ian Swiss levels of clever, no less) mitigating strategies that are mentioned in the DVD (use of dice, coins or other objects) that would eliminate that "issue" (but it's really not one) and serve to strengthen the experience on other levels as well. Also, I'd consider calling Bob and seeing if it might be an issue with your particular LB. I've heard he's committed to top notch service and customer satisfaction.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Top rate demo video (which is both rare and appreciated by any prospective buyer, thanks!), great DVD explaining every last detail and including a couple devious routines. And the prop - it's a first rate solution in a world where you normally have to settle for less. There's even some extra items that really make the routines easy to put together without going hunting for supplies.

The drawback (for me) is that with a prop this good now the onus is on me. There's no "technical" reason why my AC couldn't be as compelling as Tommy Wonder's was. You are free to think only about the performance of the piece as most of the heavy lifting is done by the LB. And yet, somehow I don't think I'll be able to charm and entertain anywhere near that level. And, darn it, I won't be able to blame it on the prop this time. Ouch...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2010-10-15 08:51, Bob Kohler wrote:

I spent the last few evenings working a hospitality suite here in Las Vegas. I used the Lightning Box about 20 times.

The routine that just tore the audiences to pieces was the combination of using The Q-Quantum System index with the Lightning Box.

The handling that I put on the DVD is exactly the one I used. It's called Invisible Lightning.

Here it is, for all to see how magical and UNEXPLAINABLE this deadly combination is. Performed by Mr. Star Quality himself, Scott Alexander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8R9WrbBGyk&feature=plcp
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
991 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
This was really fun to watch!
Great timing and very magical.
I love my Quantum Connection.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5292 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That is killer stuff. Loved the watch bit. Nicely done.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Nice. Love it.
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Very nice.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Scott's version is typical Scott. Very direct and a great way to use the Lightning Box.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Scott Alexander could do the coloring book and make it entertaining. Give him a device like the Lightning Box and you have an incredible piece of theater.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mr. Kohler reports he has 6 left in stock and these will not be made any longer:

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productid=68
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1872 Posts

Profile of Daren
My lightning box sticks quite a bit, any tips, or do I need to obtain that lubricant, I am in the uk
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
With all the switchboxes on the market, ia anyone still using BK's LB.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3259 Posts

Profile of warren
This is something I did look at however I prefer to use something that allows for any small object to be found inside it without the need to have to alter the box so whilst this is a great addition that no doubt people have a lot of success with it didn't quite convince me to part with my cash.

My personal favourites are Destination type boxes as they are held by a spectator long before the borrowed object appears inside, nest of wallets which also allows for many small objects to appear inside and finally my latest addition which I haven't received yet as I've only just ordered it The Vault by Leo Smetsers which again allows for multiple objects to be loaded.

The other great thing with all 3 that I mentioned is that the spectator can actually remove their item themselves Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL