The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
hefemexy
View Profile
Special user
546 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Any tentative shipment timeframe
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Here's the status. We are in the final manufacturing stage. Our CNC machine shop is working on finishing our order. They are making the precision parts that will become the LIghtning Box. I've been very hands on during the process checking samples for fit and finish. We're on schedule.

After we receive the parts we do have to assemble them into finished Lightning Boxes. This is assembly is done one at a time. Right now we can only estimate the time it will take to do the actual assembly and packaging.

Our goal is the ship on September 26. We may be a few days early or a few days late. Please be patient. Perfection takes time. We'll do our best to meet our goal but quality control trumps fast.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Bob,

This looks great! Excellent method! Now I only wish I had a spare $160 to send your way! Ah well! Another one for the wish list!

Regards,

Martin.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1872 Posts

Profile of Daren
Looks very nice!!! is it essential to also purchase 'q' for one of the effects too?
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Yes, the bonus effect is called "Invisible Lightning". It's uses the Q-Quantum Connection. The choreography and handling combined with "the Q" is simply stunning. The audience is only aware of one card. Every action is completely motivated. The result is a show stopper.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 23:14, Bob Kohler wrote:

There are many problems with trailers but one issue is that many people watch a trailer and make an instant judgement only on what the trailer shows.

Isn't that what trailer demo's are for?

When I watch a movie demo on television, it's decided from watching the trailer if I want to go watch the whole movie. Same goes for magic tricks and props. Otherwise why do magic creator's,dealers, and producers make them? They make them with the intentions that the trailer will lead people to purchase the product.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,but it seems to me that sometimes the trailer is designed to help you make an
informed decision [as with the Lightning box] but sometimes it's just there to
try and get your money!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Yes, "Q" and special Faux gold impregnated playing cards that make the lightning box run smoother. Only $60 a pack. Totally examinable
James

Quote:
On 2010-09-05 15:37, Daren wrote:
Looks very nice!!! is it essential to also purchase 'q' for one of the effects too?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I've put out many products and DVD's over the years but I've never really integrated another manufacturers product with mine before.

But the Q-Quantum Connection is so good and works so well with the Lightning Box I simply had to put the two together. It is a marriage made in heaven. The two products used together provide workers with an incredibly powerful routine that is easy to do, resets in seconds and is totally practical.

I predict that the Invisible Lightning routine will be come one of the most used routines for working professionals for everybody from strolling magicians to trade show performers to formal close up showmen.

It works in any type of show and just kills.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Looks pretty darn close to Mark Leveridge's " Lightning Ring Box"

http://www.markleveridgemagic.co.uk/ulrb.php
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
The lighting ring box is not even close to the Kohler product...I have spoke to Bob on this product many times and I got to tell you this is going to be a killer close up routine so many ways to present the effect with unlimited presentation options.......if you have had any of Bob's CNC products you know the quality we are talking about here, I will mention the FA gimmick......

Cheers

Mike
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Congratulations. Best of luck with sales.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
[quote]On 2010-09-06 15:30, Mike McEathron wrote:
The lighting ring box is not even close to the Kohler product...I have spoke to Bob on this product many times and I got to tell you this is going to be a killer close up routine so many ways to present the effect with unlimited presentation options.......if you have had any of Bob's CNC products you know the quality we are talking about here, I will mention the FA gimmick......

Cheers
(end of quote)

Hmmmm let me see, "The Lightning Box" won't be released until the end of September. Do you own the "Lightning Ring Box" by Leveridge? All I'm saying is that Mark Leveridge's box has been out for many years and they both have the name "Lightning"
in their title. Mark Leveridge demos his box using a ring but they look VERY similar in methodology. Whether they are or not, it's funny they are using the same name for a very similar effect. (check out the demo video on the site listed above)

I too wish the best for Bob's products and the quality of his products are never in question. "If" Mark Leveridge's product was used as an inspiration, he should be given credit. (if it was)
David Paul
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4023 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I'm just disappointed that I can't find the video for this thing. Sounds intriguing and I like how it looks better than the Kennedy box.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:30, kissdadookie wrote:
I'm just disappointed that I can't find the video for this thing. Sounds intriguing and I like how it looks better than the Kennedy box.

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=68
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
If you put a ring in the Lightening Box, is it then a Lightening Ring Box?

If the word "lightning" was used commonly in the past to describe these types of switching devices, that's one thing.

If that's not the case, I have no idea why Bob would use a similar name intentionally, especially when we know his views on protecting products.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4023 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:35, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:30, kissdadookie wrote:

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=68

Thanks! I checked it last week and the video wasn't there Smile
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
The only similarity between the Leveridge Lightning Ring Box and The Lightning Box from Bob Kohler is the word 'lightning'.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Bob or Tim - Will this be distributed through Murphy's or exclusively by BK? Thanks -

Bill
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 13:13, corpmagi wrote:
The only similarity between the Leveridge Lightning Ring Box and The Lightning Box from Bob Kohler is the word 'lightning'.

I don't mean anything by this but how do you know?? The Lightning Box hasn't even been released yet!! Do you own Leveridge's Box?? Hard to make that statement then.
Again...I wish Bob the best,I just saw a strong similarity and BTW other things can be loaded other than a ring. I just found it ironic is all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL