The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I thrilled to announce that after many years of development I am releasing what I feel is the best solution for "The Signed Card In Box" ever released.
It's called the "Lightning Box".

A lot of us perform a version of Bruno Hennig's classic routine, there have certainly been many versions over the years. From Tommy Wonder to John Kennedy and many others there have been some really outstanding versions.

The Lightning Box takes things to a new level by building off of the best ideas and adding some very clever new innovations.

If you're interested in this effect you owe it to yourself to visit the product page for the Lightning Box on my website at: https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=68

Here's just a little of what you soon discover.

1) The Lightning Box looks like a high end jewelry box. I modeled it after a box a great set of cuff links came in.

2) You can use any playing card, any color or back design. You can also use money, business cards, billets and more.

3) The objects inside are real objects so spectators can see that they have depth.

4) You can change the objects very quickly.

5) You can show the Lightning Box empty both BEFORE and AFTER the revelation.

6) You can add other objects a la the Jamy Ian Swiss work such as dice, poker chips, change etc. to build the most convincing illusion ever!

7) The Lightning Box is designed for professional use, it's manufactured to incredible tolerances on CNC Lathes and Milling machines.

8) It resets instantly!

Sound interesting…check out the product page and don't miss the HD Movie. There's a lot more information and some great pictures.

The Lightning Box will ship very soon. I'm offering a special sale price for Pre-Orders. The deal is too good to list here.
I can tell you that the offer is very limited so don't wait or it will be too late.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
First
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I watched the vid, and that looks very, very good, Bob. Only thing is I wish you would have included a full performance so we can see it in action.

Nevertheless, it looks great.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Ah man! I just purchased a Kennedy Mystery Box! What the heck do I do now! Thanks a lot Bob! I'll have to give you a piece of my mind when I see you at Innovention 2010! Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Luck of the draw!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I didn't really catch the 'empty box after the reveal' in the demo. I think I'll stick with the classic Mystery box.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Sorry Lou,
but you should get one now and save the money because once you see it at Innovention the Pre-Orders will be gone. Once you see it...well, you know.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
This is REALLY good. Bob shared the basic idea with me several years ago and has been working on all of the details for manufacturing, etc. since then. It's finally coming to fruition. I love this plot and have played with all of the versions out there. This is so good - it's got that special factor where you will love doing it just for the joy of how great it looks.

THE strongest card to box I have ever seen and I've seen them all.

Tim Trono
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Coming from you, that's a very strong endorsement. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 21:55, daffydoug wrote:
Coming from you, that's a very strong endorsement. Smile

Agreed! Tim Trono knows killer material!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The trailer simply can't show every detail. The DVD's running time is 1 hour and 15 minutes the trailer is just over 5 minutes.

The empty show is just that, the Lightning Box is absolutely empty. There are so many possible ways to use the Lightning Box that the possibilities are endless. It's easy to use, once you see the inner workings you'll understand just how powerful this really is.

There are many problems with trailers but one issue is that many people watch a trailer and make an instant judgement only on what the trailer shows. Magic products can't really show everything as they contain secrets. In this case the training is covers a lot of different ways to use this prop. In the end many magicians will customize it's use to fill they needs using the various tools, choreography and moments I teach. Others will do the exact routines on the DVD. The Lightning Box is a professional level product. For a long time I considered making this a BK Pro Line product, it's that good.

Compared to other offerings in this genre the Lightning Box training is very extensive. But I'm already in the planning stages for a follow-up DVD. Even in the short time it's been since the DVD went to press many more ideas have popped up both from me and my Beta testers. Some of the new thoughts are really out there...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 21:44, taller8 wrote:
I didn't really catch the 'empty box after the reveal' in the demo. I think I'll stick with the classic Mystery box.

The demo video shows you EVERYTHING you need to know.

s
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
So I don't seem like I'm being negative I want to say that there's a lot of great items from Mr. Kohler. I love my U3F.

Now I can understand making the box out of plastic for durability but it makes the prop seem like a Tenyo toy. If the main selling point is being able to use any card or whatever it's already been done. Also, showing the box empty before the effect is magician thinking. Don't do that in a real performance. It ruins the surprise..

Maybe there could be a Pro Line box
made of wood. I'd get that.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
That's one thing I really love about Bob and his products. He'll work on an idea for years and years, testing and tweaking before it sees the light of day. There is so much crap put out these days that someone thought of one day on the toilet and it's on the market 2 days later.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Can anyone say Collector's workshop brass billet box?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 23:14, Bob Kohler wrote:
The trailer simply can't show every detail. The DVD's running time is 1 hour and 15 minutes the trailer is just over 5 minutes.

The empty show is just that, the Lightning Box is absolutely empty. There are so many possible ways to use the Lightning Box that the possibilities are endless. It's easy to use, once you see the inner workings you'll understand just how powerful this really is.

There are many problems with trailers but one issue is that many people watch a trailer and make an instant judgement only on what the trailer shows. Magic products can't really show everything as they contain secrets. In this case the training is covers a lot of different ways to use this prop. In the end many magicians will customize it's use to fill they needs using the various tools, choreography and moments I teach. Others will do the exact routines on the DVD. The Lightning Box is a professional level product. For a long time I considered making this a BK Pro Line product, it's that good.

Compared to other offerings in this genre the Lightning Box training is very extensive. But I'm already in the planning stages for a follow-up DVD. Even in the short time it's been since the DVD went to press many more ideas have popped up both from me and my Beta testers. Some of the new thoughts are really out there...

Now you really got me going!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 23:41, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 21:44, taller8 wrote:

The demo video shows you EVERYTHING you need to know.
s

Indeed... It even shows the main modus operandi if you know what you are looking for and seems extremely sneaky Smile

J-M
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm in the dark.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Youtube: The teaser/ demo video has been removed by the user.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What gives?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Lightning Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL