We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andy Nyman's Latest Lecture notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Fight Dirty by Andy Nyman – High Impact Mentalism to Fool With.

Andy Nyman’s effects and lecture notes are usually a worthwhile investment. These are no exception. Originally premiered at the Magic Castle last November, the lecture notes should be available from good dealers.

Five routines are included. Briefly:

The Dead Zone – A spectator hides three weapons in his pockets. You predict exactly where the spectator will hide them.

Chair Swindle - A spectator is invited to sit in a chair. You influence him to sit in the one you predicited.

A Kick in the Head - The performer asks three questions and the spectator answers each one incorrectly (he lies). The performer then shows how this influences a choice of a freely selected card.

The Danny Rose Cigar Trick – A bank nite routine with a difference in honour of Woody Allen’s ‘Broadway Danny Rose’.

The Hidden – lecture note version of what was recently released as a stand-alone effect.

Nyman favours an uncomplicated and straightforward approach to mentalism. Bold methods as opposed to unnecessary sleights are used.

All the material here rests on the power of good presentation. All the effects are highly commercial and very well framed. All are adaptable.

The last routine in the notes “Hidden” was recently released as a dealer item. This is a first-rate effect that has terrific spectator impact. They simply cannot get their heads around what just happened, as there is no logical explanation. I have been using it for the past six weeks or so and it is a great routine to use for those who want an alternative with cards. I also found the lecture notes on ‘Hidden’ better than the routine that accompanied the dealer item. There are subtle differences that can really enhance the performance.

Overall, these are notes well worth having. Nyman has simplified, honed and polished the handling in such a way that the reader can immediately see other applications. They are also well written and very entertaining.

Recommended.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Gary,
Can you tell me where I can get the notes, other than attending the lecture? Thanks.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
I purchased it through Alakazam Magic in the UK who also released 'The Hidden' as a dealer item. They also carry all his earlier lecture notes. Their web site is: http://www.alakazam.co.uk.

The notes do state that they are available from your favoutite dealer on the back cover, so it may be worth checking if your usual dealer plans on stocking it.

Cheers!
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1274 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Does anyone else see a problem with "Chair Swindle?" In the description of the effect the spectator reaches under the chair, gets the envelope, opens it, takes out the prediction and reads it. In the method, you are the one opening and reading it.

Or am I missing something?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
ronzo
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of ronzo
I don’t have these notes but the effect was published in Genii a few years ago. The spectator CAN and SHOULD remove the message from the envelope under the chair he chooses because he sees the paper when he opens the envelope. The performer MUST open the envelope under the unchosen chair for the trick to end properly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andy Nyman's Latest Lecture notes (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL