The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Live Performances on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Hi!

I used the search function, but didn't get very far Smile

If anybody could help me, I was serching for live performanes available on DVD. I just want to see as much mentalism as I can, but real performances, not TV episodes or the L&L type of DVD...

So far I have both Derren Brown's theater shows that are available on amazon and The Mentalist's souvenir DVD.

Thanks for your help guys!
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Film you yourselves ! Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Christopher Carter - Messes With Your Mind
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Thanks Stefmagic. I did some searching, but coudn't find where it could be purchased Smile

Do you have a clue?

Thanks

PS: I will probably order Ehud Segev's Abnormal DVD.
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
I don't know but you can ask directly to Christopher Carter at http://www.mindcramp.com/
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Thanks Stefmagic, email sent! Smile
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
What I didn't like about his show, is that he performed with a microphone in his hand all the time!!! Do a professional like him must have wireless audio system ?
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
That's an interesting debate. Wireless microfones are more practical, but handheld mics will let you play a lot more with your voice.

There is a chapter abaout this in Ken Weber's maximum Entretainment, very good book.
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
A wireless hand held mic will allow misdirection along with some other things that a wireless lavaliere or headpiece mic will not allow for. I have both, but prefer the hand held mic for performances.

Another point on the hand held is it will allow for off mic asides to an onstage audience member that you don't want broadcast. A lavaliere, or headpiece mic will pick that up, unless you have someone handling your soundboard. If not, you have to manually mute the mic yourself. This is a bad thing, as you have just let your audience know you don't want them to hear something.

With a handheld, you simply drop the mic to your side and you're ok to make your aside comment to your participant.

JM2CW

Cheers
Frank
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 07:31, Stefmagic wrote:
What I didn't like about his show, is that he performed with a microphone in his hand all the time!!! Do a professional like him must have wireless audio system ?

Interesting criticism. I assume you mean a lavalier or headser mic? I work with a handheld for several reasons. One, it gives greater control. Two, anything clipped to the body hints at possible technological explanations for one`s mysteries. Three, I work on college campuses whose equipment can be variable in quality, but the handheld mic is always the best, most reliable piece they have.

Other than that, since nearly all top comics will be using a handheld, it`s not as if audiences will find it odd.

But, hey, if others prefer something other than a handheld that`s great. I just can`t figure why that should be considered more professional.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10147 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Plus one of the great benefits to a handheld is it allows you to work with spectators or volunteers on stage or if you go out into the audience, and he ability to talk back and forth with several at one time, allowing everyone to be heard while giving you complete control.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Go to Marc Paul web page and you will find DVDs perfermance:
MARC PAUL'S MIND GAMES (The UK TV series 1998/1999)

http://www.marcpaul.com
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
There's "An evening of Metaphysical Magic with Dr Todd" performance DVD

http://www.metaphysical-magician.com/html/dr_todd_-_dvd.html

Richard
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Bob Cassidy - 'Mental Miracles'
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Live Performances on DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL