The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Love (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 09:13, backinblack wrote:
People who feel the real existing love are usually those who have a minor degree of allowense/granting to those they pretend to wish all good for (especially if it violates the narcissim of the freedom-taking individuum).. leads back to what I allready wrote about freedom and taking possibilities from each other in the name of whatever..

And then we FEEL THE LOVE SOME MORE! Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
If you like the feeling you get through a minored degree of freedom - enjoy.. ;-)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 08:46, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
JUST FEEL THE LOVE EVERYONE! Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

ENJOY THE LOVE EVERYONE!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Somebody of note once said, while looking after her sick partner, true love is wiping their a***e for years and still leaving them with their dignity intact.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2014, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend.

Bravo Michael. I too have found true love. I tried the rest and finally found the best 17 years ago and I couldn't be happier. Others are still pursuing the hedonistic lifestyle which in turn becomes nothing more than an illusion. When will they ever learn?

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Love is being willing to give anything including your life for someone else. It does not matter if it is a friend, family member, partner or even a complete stranger.
Reality is a real killjoy.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:

well I do not know what war you fought in.. I hope not an imperialistic us-war like iraq (violoting international law for a lie).. anyhow: yousually wars are about: join the army - kill interesting people.. of course there is a big similarity to love - but I am not sure that this is very convincing in terms of having a good time..
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Ray Bertrand wrote:
Quote:

Bravo Michael. I too have found true love. I tried the rest and finally found the best 17 years ago and I couldn't be happier. Others are still pursuing the hedonistic lifestyle which in turn becomes nothing more than an illusion. When will they ever learn?

Ray

thanks - you are absolutely right.. people have to decide between a hedonistic lifestyle (having fun in life) and a lifestyle full of dutys/work.. if you want to claim you could not be happier than living a life full of dutys (the opposite of freedom / hedonism) - well: honesty/illusions and stuff..
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Love is being willing to give anything including your life for someone else. It does not matter if it is a friend, family member, partner or even a complete stranger.

sounds pathetic as the drive to survive is the strongest one humans have.. friend of a friend stuff..
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Love is simply the wish, may you be happy.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Love is simply the wish, may you be happy.

agree.. love is a sort of wishfull thinking..
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
63 Posts

Profile of CGould
Has anyone found out if there is any credibility to this love thing or is just another Urban Legend?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I don't have an answer to your question but for me Love is caring, even when you don't want to Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Sorry for breaking a taboo here, but for me, God is love. Don't tell me not to mention God. It is a free country I am not trying to convert you but define what real love is, ok? Eternal love is the source of all real love. Love, real love is real.
But it must be backed by actions and service.

C.S. Lewis has some of the most revealing thoughts on the deception inherent in so called romantic love. I mean the falling in love feelings that don't last. That is not love but it sure can lock some people in with the wrong one for a while.
Josepher
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of Josepher
From the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce :

Love - a form a temporary insanity, cureable by marriage.

--------

I've been married 33 years, so I disagree. (my wife may be reading this)
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Well I am coming close to two decades of marriage, but have known my wife much longer.

I do not know what is meant by fairy tale magic. If fairy tale magic means you only desire to be married to one person. Then I have it. I love my wife and kids and would not change families with anyone.

If fairy tale love means you never have an argument or fight, then I would say that probably does not exist. If a couple never argues, I question the amount of control and happiness in that relationship. I will tell you all relations have some sort of level of control. A happy marriage is where both couples are content with the control given to each other. Maybe one person does not care about the daily decisions but cares about the major decisions, or vice versa.

Lust is easy. Love takes commitment on both sides. Love is easy too. But you have to be willing to be in love
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Love (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL