The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Match Through Match (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
I was performing these to for the first time last night and they went down a storm. What's everyone else's take one them?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Match through Match....Crazy Pyro's Handcuffs? Anyway CMH is great, I get good reactions with it.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I do a bunch of band tricks and they blow audiences away. Sometimes, if I feel like it, I do a "you do as I do" with CMH. Powerful material, very very powerful.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I do alot of rubber band magic, and crazy mans handcuffs kill.. I do it 2 times, then put one band on the spectator's hand and do it again..
then I do the move with just one band looking as 2, then make the one band dissapear and appear on my ear..
they go nuts
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
CMH have been posted many times and as always it gets great reactions. It is one of Copperfield's personal favorites.

Match through Match is a cute little penetration however it requires the small thin wooden matches to be presented well.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
daminfell
View Profile
New user
VA
51 Posts

Profile of daminfell
CMH is a great effect.I get incredible reactions with it by doing it once, a second time onthe spectator's fingers and finishing by breaking and restoring the band. Like I said, it always gets good reactions
..::damienfell::..
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
The match through match routine can also be done with paper matches. Dan Harlan teaches a couple of things like this in his lecture - so it's probably also on his videos ... all you need is a little bodily fluid ......Eeeeyeeewwww Smile
Cheers,
David
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Bill Malone has a nice routine with the penetrating matches, very visual and scary the first time you see it. On the loose 4 I think.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
Penetrating Matches is also on Fooler Doolers DVD Vol 3 by Daryl.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I get great reactions with CMH too.
I’ve been practicing penetrating matches for a while, but I don’t use that yet.

I wonder what version of CMH you were performing? I use Michael Ammar's handling available in his CMH notes and also available in the book “The Magic of Michael Ammar”. I understand that Dan Harlan has a good video that teaches this too.

If you are using the version printed in Tarbel 7, then it is understandable why it didn’t go over well. That version is incorrect.

I practiced this for months before performing it in public.

The CMH almost always gets someone to say, “How’d you do that?”, or “ Do that again!”
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Matches is a little harder because they're less flexible and sometimes....don't do what they're supposed to. Just practice a bunch, and you will have some of the greatest close up effects at the tips of your fingers.....really!
lperna
View Profile
New user
Boston
31 Posts

Profile of lperna
Quote:
On 2003-07-07 00:23, sleightofhand1 wrote:
i do alot of rubber band magic, and crazy mans handcuffs kill.. i do it 2 times, then put one band on the spectator's hand and do it again..
then i do the move with just one band looking as 2, then make the one band dissapear and appear on my ear..
they go nuts

I like the sound of this little routine. Is this in print or on video somwhere?

Lloyd
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
it's an awsome trick, but I have one problem, everytime I do it they say do it again, so I do it up to 3 times, but a half hour latter they bring someone else along and they want an encore and it goes on like this till someone tries to figure it out, it's been really hard to find a way out of this graceously. Any tips?
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
Then DON'T do it. Its a situation they want repeated viewing to bust you, which you should just stop and do other tricks instead.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
CMH can be done and it can't be seen but if somebody else comes in the room take them aside and show them privately.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2003-09-15 11:19, lperna wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-07-07 00:23, sleightofhand1 wrote:
i do alot of rubber band magic, and crazy mans handcuffs kill.. i do it 2 times, then put one band on the spectator's hand and do it again..
then i do the move with just one band looking as 2, then make the one band dissapear and appear on my ear..
they go nuts

I like the sound of this little routine. Is this in print or on video somwhere?

Lloyd

I learned it off Ammar's Classic Reinditions Vol 2...teaches a great set of completely impromptu tricks with rubber bands...absolutely awesome Smile
~joeKing
lperna
View Profile
New user
Boston
31 Posts

Profile of lperna
Thanks JoeKing,
The description of this video sounds awesome and I love Ammars ETMCM series. Alas, this video doesn't seem to be available on dvd! I'll have to find that old VCR somewhere.

Lloyd
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Neil
I've asked this before so apologies but I'm still wondering..... in Ammar's book he doesn't mention the little "snap" I get at the moment of "the move". Is it possible to do it completely smoothly - I can't see how...

Thx in advance
trevorsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
The U.K.
186 Posts

Profile of trevorsmagic
Neil.I had the same problem of the "snap"noise during CMH I was told to simply move my hands closer during the "move"and the "noise"would go....and it did, try it.
hope this helps
Trevor
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
I love very much doing CMH, it´s a very cool improptu trick, when someone ask me to do a trick, most of the time I do this

luis Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Match Through Match (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL