The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Bunny Alternative (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmisko
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of michaelmisko
I'm looking for an alternative to the sponge bunnies. I'm going to have Eddie Ace carve me a set of _________________________. There will be two adults, six/eight babies, and two jumbo final loads. I don't want to do the bunnies, however, and I'm looking for something with the following criteria attached:

1. It is funny. Period. Without making a joke about it, it's just funny to look at...like the platypus.
2. It COULD be edgy...you know, lend itself to some double-entendre, should the situation arise...NOT like the platypus.
3. It needs to be something that would logically reproduce, but that DOES NOT mean that it has to be alive (i.e. cells reproduce, but they aren't living...well...uh...they are, so nevermind. Bad example)
4. It has to be YELLOW. Don't ask.

Any help you fine folks could glean to me would be appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Be well,
Michael
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
What about looking like rubber ducks?
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Wow Alan that's great thinking... you're on spot! Walt
michaelmisko
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of michaelmisko
I like it! That's funny stuff!

I've got a while before I have to commit, so I'd still like to stay open to suggestions...but the rubber ducky thing is fu - nny!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
How about Caterpillars? There shape would allow the "multiplying bannana" move to be done. The jumbo productions could be butterflies. Also, while they are not commonly depicted, there are plenty of caterpillars that are yellow.

On the other hand, I suppose you could pick something that is not usually yellow, then that fact that it is yellow might be funny. Just a thought.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 6:10pm
Here's a pic of an above mentioned yellow caterpillar. I think it looks funny, though some might disagree.

http://www.all-creatures.org/works/glf-c......-06.html

Cheers!
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Michael,
The bunnies are funny depending on the patter story, even just a set of Goshman super soft colored sponge with the right story will kill lay audiences, but I also like the Ducks idea...that's funny also.
Just come up with a story that happened to you when you were a kid or maybe happened to somebody else and use it for your story...

Good Luck
Bill
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Hey, what about "Peeps"? Those spray-painted marshmellow "chicks" that we give our kids around Easter time? They're practically an icon in America, meaning they're already the butt of many jokes but also part of many fond memories of childhood.

Plus you get to say, "Yo Yo--let me introduce you to my Peeps". Okay, maybe not.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Eddie Ace already has made sponge bears and sponge pigs.

Both of those are good alternatives.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
formfoam
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of formfoam
Hello Michael.
Why you do not use a morpher?
this one for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ny1ipzVNQ8
Yuris.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those would be great. There are a number of advantages. One advantage is that they won't roll off the table.

You would be surprised at how easily you can put one of those into a spectator's hand without their noticing that it is not a normal sponge cube.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

michaelmisko
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of michaelmisko
Uh oh.

I like the Peeps idea. Perhaps its for the line you included with it!

I appreciate the help, gents.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Goshman makes stars, they have edges and are yellow.

Or how about Tweety Bird? or his lazy brother-in-law with six little Tweets.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How about hippos?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I got me a set of Eddie ace sponge skunks. They are cute. Gets a lot of laughs from kids as I produce me "cat"- that's not a cat!!! He keeps popping up everywhere. Eddie's creations are awesome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Bunny Alternative (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL