The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindvention 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Great seeing you all too. Jan, thanks for holding court in the bar! I was very impressed with your work :o)

MJ
Christoph
View Profile
New user
Nuremberg, Germany
81 Posts

Profile of Christoph
My personal highlight was seeing two masters of our art perform: Mr. Cassidy and Mr. Shaw...

...and of course meeting a lot of new and very nice people. I really enjoyed performing at the Attendee show...thank you for all your feedback.

Hope to see you all very soon.

Chris
http://www.gedankenexperimente.de
Christoph

www.christophkuch.de
Inner circle
3100 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I have absolutely no recollection of what may have occurred in Vegas...complete blank. All I remember was a billet and what I believe was a tiger.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Eric,

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

MV will stay at three days... maybe start a day at 10AM?

We only can use the meeting room til midnight... remember a few years ago when Joel Bauer was still going strong at 1AM (or was that at LVMI)... fighting jet lag in the UK and punchy...

Was on the show at a conventin in Ipswich with John Archer who asked me to say hi to all the MINDvention guys... John has a new lecture and is hankering to return... (also saw him perform his new book test called Streets... very nice)...

comedy mentalist Graham Jolly was also on the bill, not performing but doing a chat with J Archer called The Serious Side of Comedy... great stuff...

MINDvention
MINDvention on Facebook
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I attended and had a great time. I had another convention right after that so just got home. Incidentally ran into Colin at Caesars on our last day in Vegas.

I cannot recommend this convention highly enough. I will definitely be back next year. Top notch job to all involved.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Great seeing you all too. Jan, thanks for holding court in the bar! I was very impressed with your work :o)

MJ
manofcards
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of manofcards
Thanks again for that new DL Renzo. I learned more at Mindvention than I thought was possible, and I especially enjoyed seeing everyone's different performance styles. I'm looking forward to next year already.

-Will
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4143 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2010-10-24 12:44, mattjohnson wrote:
... Jan, thanks for holding court in the bar! I was very impressed with your work :o)

MJ

Thanks, Matthew, it was not intended so, gosh, was there just to have some fun and share things... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Quote:
On 2010-10-24 10:35, cpbartak wrote:
Does anyone know what Al Koran publication contains that forgotten piece Bob Cassidy performed?

It's not exactly a low-profile piece. Five Star Prediction is the first item in Al Koran's Legacy by Hugh Miller.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
The only annoying thing is that I'm now going to have to work out how to come over every year!

Phenomenal time there at what is, essentially, the definitive Mentalism convention.

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
It was a pleasure to meet you all!
Great performances, great people. If you have the chance...go to Mindvention!
It will blow your mind
Gracias
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Jan:

I also enjoyed your effects in the bar. I didn't think it was crap.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Gregg Foxx
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Gregg Foxx
Jan,

I will look forward to seeing you again at Mindvention next year. Your original ACAAN and the thought of card mind reading effect that you did at the bar were mind-blowingly great. It was a privilege and a treat having the opportunity to talk with you at considerable length and to get to know you. Your skill and knowledge are phenomenal. You must give a lecture at Mindvention next year! Danny, do you hear that?
Warmest Best Regards,
Gregg
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I second that, Gregg. Jan is the epitome of the classic mentalist persona. His ACAAN is one of the best I've seen and his knowledge and skills are world class.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4143 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Bob and Gregg, thanks a lot for your compliments, it was a great pleasure for me to spend so much time with you! Hope to see you soon again. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Townsend1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Mindvention 2010 was an incredible experience. The lectures, dealers and shows were great. The highlight in my eyes was watching and learning from Paul Stockman. His impeccable attention to detail combined with the polish and finesse of his presentation were nothing short of amazing.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
Its hard to believe it finished over a week ago!

Paul ws brilliant! They great thing is... so were Banachek, Docc, Bob and Jon!

As far as my first exposure to Mindvention goes, its set the bar REALLY high!

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
278 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Thanks to Paul Carnazzoo, Jan Forster, Shawn, Patrick Redford, Bob Cassidy, Docc Hilford, Jheff, Jack Kent Tillar the god father of mentalism, Colin, Scott Wells and his seance partner, Max Krause, Kosmo,Ran Pink, the guy from Iowa I forget your name (email me), wild bill mentalist.

and especially Christopher Taylor for his amazing ink dot card revelation and Haunting.

Great Times see you all soon...

Tim Allen
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2826 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Tim,

You could mean me, but I assume you mean Ray Thompson...

Nathan
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1743 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
This was the first Minvention I've attended where I could sit back and relax and really just enjoy the convention! It was a great time. Mcleod & Stockman were a wonderful to watch work, Banachek and Bob Cassidy were a treat to watch as always. Docc Hilford was especially fun to watch this convention. I will never forget the way he closed the show on Tuesday night!

The best part of the convention for me is hanging out in the pub afterward jamming and chatting with everyone. Always a great time.

Thanks Robert and Danny for putting on such a fantastic event year after year.

-PGR

Quote:
On 2010-10-21 23:59, ted french wrote:
I had a blast, this was my favorite convention. Ferris it was great meeting you. You are cool as a fan.
Highlights for me was meeting James(last name unknown lol) for being my baby sitter and keeping track of my credit card. Paul Canarzo for being a extremely genournsous guy and teaching me the streamer trick. BTW the rubber band trick was sooo good. Ran Pink for giving some great insight into my effects Ferris for being such a calm and cool dude and Patrick Redford for killing me with that card trick.

Card trick? Ha- oh my.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindvention 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL