The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindvention 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
905 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
The highlight for me was a story that literally had me laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face. The story involved predicting that a participant vacationed in the Adirondacks and a not-so invisible Docc Hilford nonchalantly wheeling a tray on to the stage.

The image in my mind created from that story was worth the flight to Sin City in my opinion.

Hilarious!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
Mate, to be fair, it was a pretty awesome card trick! Definitely in my top three. Its up there with other two you do.

Col :-D
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2826 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Paul,

That story was totally hilarious...never forgetting that one!!

Nathan
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Quote:
On 2010-10-22 02:21, duanebarry wrote:
The soup-to-nuts lecture by Jamie Salinas and Scott Wells about the seance they've been doing in Houston for the past 4 years ( http://houstonseance.com ) was a major highlight for me. Thanks for sharing so generously, guys!

Thanks, Duane,

That was the first time Jamie and I had presented the lecture on the business of seances. I mentioned the idea last year to Danny Archer of having seances as a theme. He liked the idea and I hoped to have our book ready by this convention. Alas, that was not to be though we are close and will have it available at next year's convention. In the meantime, we pulled a few ideas from the book and put them in the limited and numbered editions of the MINDvention 2010 Lecture Notes.

We had a great time and deepened our relationships with so many of you. Indeed it was great spending time with everyone. I tried to get around to chat with many of those who were involved with the MINDvention and uploaded my interviews for Dodd Vickers' podcast on http://www.magicnewswire.com You can listen to nearly two hours of fun chats at: http://bit.ly/9meROE

I join the happy throng in echoing "congratulations and thank you Danny and Robert for organizing such a great convention!"

See you next year!
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
Scott, you're a total legend! Nic and I loved spending time with you. Lots of great laughs and just hope we can all do it again sometime soon! Smile

Danny and Robert are incredible! The effort they've put in to make the convention what it is, is phenomenal. Absolute respect to both of them! Thank you very much again guys!

Best wishes,
Col.
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I immediately added some new touches to my seances that Scott and I have already presented that I learned from Mindvention. Docc H., Thanks for the inspiration to think BIGGER. I am already working on a show called "The Paranormal Experience, An Interactive Haunted Event". This show will debut at a 120 seat theater in the near future!
Jamie Salinas
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4147 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Colin, I'm just rereading your lecture notes. It is again a true pleasure Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
That truly means a lot Jan! It was an absolute pleasure getting to meet you!

We European guys should be bringing our heads together and putting on our own Convention in Europe somewhere...

Col
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4147 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Colin, I think that's a great idea. As a member of the GEM I will talk to my friends about it... although I would prefer doing it in the UK Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
278 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
A reason to go to Europe, hope you won't mind if USA Folks stop buy.

Sounds like great Idea..
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Many thanks for all the praise coming our way...

I am already starting to work on next years talent line-up, panels, shows and themes...

As I have said before... there is no MINDvention without the great people who come and share their thoughts and talents wheter they are the booked talent or hanging at the bar...

MINDvention on Facebook
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Sorry I wont be able to make it next year Danny. I am going to miss you guys as it is always a blast!

MJ
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4147 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Matthew, then I will look out for new victims... Smile Jan
P.S.: Do you know my new version of the Sharpie dot on the table?
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Christoph
View Profile
New user
Nuremberg, Germany
81 Posts

Profile of Christoph
Danny, could you keep us up to date on when the pictures of 2010 will be on the Website?

Thanks...
I hope I can be there in 2011...it was great.
Christoph

www.christophkuch.de
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Christoph,

We are in the process of doing an overhaul of the website... in the meantime we are posting pix on MINDvention on Facebook
please join the group and tell your friends to join and find out the latest info on MINDvention...
mentalmagic101
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of mentalmagic101
Two highlights for me Bob Cassidy who was fantastic and of course Paul Stockman who was simply brilliant.

But most of all thank you to Danny and Robert. Good Job guys once again .

MM
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
If you have not yet heard the podcast of MINDvention 2010, then you need to join the over 22,000 who have downloaded and listened in the past month. Lots of great interviews and fun stuff. It is the second most downloaded podcast on MagicNewswire.com Listen now and find out why. http://bit.ly/bZwmUG
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1350 Posts

Profile of Colin
I can't believe this was almost a month ago! ... crazyness!

Great listening back... SO many good times! Smile

Col.
Gregg Foxx
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Gregg Foxx
Thanks for the reminder, Scott. I have been meaning to make the time to listen to your excellent podcasts. Nice meeting you at Mindvention. Great lecture you did, too!
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Thank you Gregg, for your kind words and thoughts. It was indeed my pleasure meeting you. That's part of what I think MINDvention is all about...bringing together riends and making new ones while learning new ideas from the wealth of global intelligence. It truly is a summit meeting of the minds.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindvention 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL