The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mixing NoMaD pad and a s***i (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I have several routines which require to use both a NoMaD pad (because its a good pad), and a s***i.

Problem is I do not have a s***i that looks like a sharpie end (or similar), they are all pencils. Even my greace marker doesn't look similar, it looks like crayon. And it seems very weird to write down a prediction in pencil, and then have a second sharpie pen for your audiance.

Where can I get a good sharpie-style s***i?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
Try Suoer Sharpie or Penomenon. Hope this helps.

regards,

Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Super Sharpies is no longer made, and sucks. And Penomenon is a grease marker, not a sharpie-style marker.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1527 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 10:36, Eshla wrote:
Super Sharpies is no longer made

I don't know if Super Sharpies are made any longer but they are certainly available online.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
The ONLY marker s***i that I've used that actually works perfectly (and writes in ink!) is "Mark-It". It's not only silent (those who've used Super Sharpie know what I mean) and easy to use, but also doesn't leave ink everywhere.

-rob
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Joshua Quinn, in his book "ParaLies" details a way to make your own. It's worth checking out, for that as well as for the fact that the entire book is filled with amazing material.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Agreed, Paralies is a wonder of a book, packed with ideas. But I am one of those people who simply mucks up instructions far too often. I've never been able to follow them, I've tried previously to put a Thwarpie together and failed multiple times for differing reasons.

Does anyone know if Joshua sells them himself? If so I'd happily pay for them Smile
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 10:05, Eshla wrote:
I have several routines which require to use both a NoMaD pad (because its a good pad), and a s***i.

Problem is I do not have a s***i that looks like a sharpie end (or similar), they are all pencils. Even my greace marker doesn't look similar, it looks like crayon. And it seems very weird to write down a prediction in pencil, and then have a second sharpie pen for your audiance.

Where can I get a good sharpie-style s***i?

Eshla,

Unless you are performing for a large group where it is important that everyone see what you or a spectator have written, why not simply use a pencil instead of a Sharpie? Then what you write with your swami will match it.

The other alternative is to simply drop things you can handle from you program and do the stuff you CAN handle.
Dick Christian
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Indeed Dick, under most close-up circumstances a pencil lead s***i is indeed perfectly fine. But I have seen the NoMaD pad and its workings, and I really like it. I love the way that the large marker forces them to write in big letters, and I love the handelings, so I really want to use that.

The problem is that it always looks weird to write down my predictions in pencil, put the pencil away, and then take out a marker pen and a note pad for the spectators to write with. It takes up pocket space and just looks unnatural. (insert rude joke here)

Tom
xx
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
The super sharpie did NOT "suck" for me. I got mine to work perfectly. Do you own one to make such a statement?

This looks to be a the usual thread from eshla. No idea will be good enough....
magicmayne
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of magicmayne
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 11:41, r1z08 wrote:
The ONLY marker s***i that I've used that actually works perfectly (and writes in ink!) is "Mark-It". It's not only silent (those who've used Super Sharpie know what I mean) and easy to use, but also doesn't leave ink everywhere.

-rob

Agreed
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 12:47, Eshla wrote:
Indeed Dick, under most close-up circumstances a pencil lead s***i is indeed perfectly fine. But I have seen the NoMaD pad and its workings, and I really like it. I love the way that the large marker forces them to write in big letters, and I love the handelings, so I really want to use that.

The problem is that it always looks weird to write down my predictions in pencil, put the pencil away, and then take out a marker pen and a note pad for the spectators to write with. It takes up pocket space and just looks unnatural. (insert rude joke here)

Tom
xx

Eshla,

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. If you use a pencil lead swami, then have the spectator do his/her writing in pencil so that your writing and theirs will match. I understand that you would prefer a Sharpie for both, but if you can't make a Thwarpie or use a Super Sharpie (the SS doesn't match large Sharpie writing BTW) that may be your only alternative. Sometimes you have to make a compromise and simply do what you CAN do if you can't do what you would LIKE to do.
Dick Christian
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Fair point Dick, I'll have to have a think. I hate compromising xD

Tom
xx
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Do you really have to write the prediction during your performance?
Otherwise you could introduce the prediction sealed in a w****-envelope. "2 hours ago I had a weird intuition..."
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Again.....another thread by eshla that we all throw out ideas and he rejects them. This never ends.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 03:43, Cozmo D wrote:
Again.....another thread by eshla that we all throw out ideas and he rejects them. This never ends.

I agree.

It doesn’t matter how much you think about mentalism, or practice, in isolation: nothing makes you a performer but working for real people on a regular basis.

But he is blending in by sounding as if he knows much and gives the illusion that he performs. Which is what most on the Café does... I am talking about all the other kids like him.

R
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Why are you presuming I do not perform? You seem to think that is the automatic responce. I'm currantly doing volunteer work at an old peoples home - something for the CV.

Tom
xx
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
VOLUNTEER WORK AT THE OLD FOLKS HOME!!!

See magical dimensions...he does perform!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Gotta say, thought the super-sharpie was super-shoddy (yes I cleaned that up)...just didn't feel comfy using it one bit...

as Dick said, compromise...

but whats wrong with bringing out a few pens and pencils at the beginning - and just giving someone the pen you want for the nomad pad? whats unnatural about saying "...here you go, grab a pen..." and giving them it...you don't even have to look as you take a pencil...
I've asked to be banned
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
IAIN

That is to logical for eshla. Besides...those old folks will see right through that!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mixing NoMaD pad and a s***i (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL