The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mixing NoMaD pad and a s***i (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Nah...let eshla try...he won't get far, then he'll be forced to compromise...its a win-win...

and I say well done to him for doing the old folk stuff...its still experience...
I've asked to be banned
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Volunteering at the old folks home gives him more experience than a lot of magic Café members... although I wonder how his "Which one of you has had an abortion?" routine goes down with the old dears.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 15:21, Craig Leonard wrote:
Volunteering at the old folks home gives him more experience than a lot of magic Café members... although I wonder how his "Which one of you has had an abortion?" routine goes down with the old dears.

but then again, more chance of a bit of after-show action...

every cloud and all that...
I've asked to be banned
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 08:35, Eshla wrote:
Why are you presuming I do not perform? You seem to think that is the automatic responce. I'm currantly doing volunteer work at an old peoples home - something for the CV.

Tom
xx

This is good that you volunteer at old people homes. I think that it would be a good thing for anyone to do and I think more people should visit these types of places. But with that said, I don't think that I would use too many effects where the (older) people have to remember things. It can be a challenge for some of them. I think that doing magic would be better in this environment.

Ray
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I go to a VERY up-market place. Its near my home and was recently opened, it is so posh it was on the local news. Its £550+ a week!

I generally don't do too much with old folks. I do ESP matching, s***i effects, Between the Lines (because old folks always get it right) and occationally my own version of Card Projection if I think they know all the suits/values.

Cozmo D, I realise that I am not a professional. But its a gradual process, and very good for my CV. And lets face it, theres few people better to give a buisness card to than a rich old person. I don't just do magic there however, I also spend a lot of time just sitting and talking to them. I'd say for every 10 minutes of magic I do, I must spend atleast 20 minutes chatting, because that's what old folks like in young people, someone who wants to hear about the war and things. Smile

And I like the idea of multiple pens/pencils, that's very good, thank you Smile

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Fair enough eshla.

BTW...eshla is happy with a method to his problem!!!!!! Lets party!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mixing NoMaD pad and a s***i (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL