The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Hi Guys, I need a bit of input. I work for a drug and alcohol charity in the uk, mainly with young people. One of my colleagues is doing some training on Ketamine and is looking for a way to demonstrate the dissociative state that it causes its users.
Can you think of anyway to do this, obviously this guy has no experience in suggestion or hypnotism so what I'm thinking of is more of like a easy mind hack he can use.

Really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Check your PM's
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Mescalitoeyes

Are there any specific examples of dissociation that would be of most value to demonstrate.

e.g. identity, physical, vocal, auditory?

I can think of some ways to achieve the impression and experience of these using mentalist and hypnotic techniques anyone can learn swiftly. Depends also whether you wish to give someone that experience or the audience the impression they have.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Hi Anthony,

I think the experience he wants to mimic is what we call a K Hole, described here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-hole
There are several different things going on with this experience as you can see.
At first I thought of maybe an arm rising demonstration using suggestion.
I also thought of ormond mcgills trick to see your own brain (perception there of)and even the old static noise and ping pong trick http://boingboing.net/2009/01/12/how-to-hallucinate-w.html but the latter are not really that practical in a training room enviroment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I had lunch meeting a couple of weeks ago with a colleague who had been to see you last year, she was really singing your praises.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL