The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » South Park and Rush (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How can it possibly be that RUSH still isn't in the hall of fame? Sure they get those wussy juno awards, named after a pregnant teen age girl, hip she may be, but not to let them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I demand justice!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Rush Congratulates South Park on its 200th episode:

http://www.southpark200.com/videos/tvcmp......uth-Park
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Great stuff, thanks for the videos. Love those guys
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 15:52, MagicSanta wrote:
How can it possibly be that RUSH still isn't in the hall of fame? Sure they get those wussy juno awards, named after a pregnant teen age girl, hip she may be, but not to let them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I demand justice!

Maybe it's because the hall of fame isn't very cool.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That's really an embarrassment for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No it isn't and if anyone recalls the voting in Rolling Stone back in the early 80s Cleveland CHEATED and that is how they got it. Should be in LA, NYC, SF, or Commerce Oklahoma.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Oh god I love Neil Peart.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If you ever see him make sure to say howdy, he loves it.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Taurus pedals, Freaky time signatures, South Park, and the McKenzie brothers... Whats not to love?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 17:33, MagicSanta wrote:
No it isn't and if anyone recalls the voting in Rolling Stone back in the early 80s Cleveland CHEATED and that is how they got it. Should be in LA, NYC, SF, or Commerce Oklahoma.

Should have been Philadelphia, where Bandstand began!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
As I recall, Cleveland was one of the key players in the 50's when rock and roll was banned from the air (meaning the DJs played the stuff anyway). The Hall is largely a joke, though. While it was great to see Queen's instruments and costumes from their News of the World tour, it was mind bogglingly next to some Britney Speares items.

The museum itself is an oversized Hard Rock Café, that charges $20 to get in, and the induction ceremony is laughable. Rush isn't in and neither is Styx - the only band to have three consecutive quadruple platinum albums.

Rush deserves it but they don't care that they're not in. They're still out there selling out arenas, not playing county fairs.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 11:07, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 17:33, MagicSanta wrote:

Should have been Philadelphia, where Bandstand began!

Iiiiiiiin West Philidelphia born and raised on the Bandstand is where I spent most of my days...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Styx isn't in? First time I saw them was the Grand Illusion Tour, best stage act I ever saw, can't believe they are not in.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Nope...no Styx, Rush, Journey, Kansas, Supertramp...I really can't think of any "prog rock" band that has made it in. Styx, anymore, is a parody of what they used to be, I've seen them a couple of times since they gave Dennis the boot and...my gawd, they lost it. Dennis, whom I've seen about five times now, has only gotten better with age.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 15:37, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGVDWc_5Q8

Wow, finally watched the video after posting in the thread...I wonder how the poster got the master feed from that show. I saw the concert when it was in town in July (got to spend Canada Day with them), helluva show...I'm really looking forward to the release of the DVD.

I'll throw mine into the mix:
It's neither master feed, nor South Park...but it *is* Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg6gVphODqo
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've seen all those bands in their prime except Rush which is still in theirs. I can see Kansas and Supertramp not being in excused as mearly successful. Journey is borderline, Styx changed music and stage acts, RUSH absolutely should be in there the same as Alice Cooper. Another group that should be in there and likely is is the NY Dolls.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I remember my first Rush concert in L.A. I went by myself and got talking to the guy next to me...it was a huge moment since I'd played the drums for 15 years at the time and my brother had met the band a dozen times, but I'd never been able to go. When the guy next to me found out it was the first time I was seeing them, his eyes went wide and he got all serious before taking my arm and going, "Dude, this is BIBLICAL."
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My best friend named his son Alex (yes, my godson the highschool terrorist) after the guitar player from Rush (Rich has seen every Rush concert in San Francisco). He tried to get his wife to name the baby Gann as in Getty Alex n Neal but she wasn't biting.

The lead singer for Styx was a stand up comic before he got that gig and he was on the radio in San Francisco just as he found out he was the new singer. He said, and I doubt this was true, that he didn't want to sing the songs Dennis wrote because they were written about his wife and belonged to Dennis. They hit Reno pretty often, Styx, and I've not seen them since around 1982 but the word is that when they played with Journey and Heart that Heart blew them all off the stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » South Park and Rush (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL