The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One of the best ways to keep peace is to be prepared for war. - General George Washington (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Gdw,

Is your not using caps for USA because you have no respect for the USA and it is your way of showing it? Or are you just as I stated before a nasty person? Or is it a combination of both? There must be a reason and I would as I am sure others here would like to know what that reason is because you stated that you would not which obviously means you have a reason. So I do not find it unreasonable to ask. What is it? As long as you are willing to voice your beliefs here why not share it with us? Why not use caps? Come on fuss up and tell us.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed that some of the usual suspects in Canada are not supporting Glenn.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow was that name calling or did I "infer" something wrong?

You have provided not one thing except a clear view of your agenda LOL. Thank you.

So logically arguing your way if there is no standing army, there is no target and no need for one. According to your theory the only reason to need an army is if you have one in the first place.

Go ahead elaborate on why we went into Iraq for us. I am interested.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 23:42, acesover wrote:
Gdw,

Is your not using caps for USA because you have no respect for the USA and it is your way of showing it? Or are you just as I stated before a nasty person? Or is it a combination of both? There must be a reason and I would as I am sure others here would like to know what that reason is because you stated that you would not which obviously means you have a reason. So I do not find it unreasonable to ask. What is it? As long as you are willing to voice your beliefs here why not share it with us? Why not use caps? Come on fuss up and tell us.

I do have a reason. I am curious why you would say being a nasty person is a reason separate from not respecting it.

To answer your question though, I try to reserve my respect for actual people, not "entities" which have no cohesive self to respect. Also, I try not to show undue respect for "concepts" and such "entities" (can't really think of the right word for it right now) that have not earned my respect.

The same reason I try not to capitalize islam, or christianity. It's a real !@#$% with the spell checker I have on my browser though, lol.

I will respect individuals who may call themselves muslims, or christians, but not an amorphous umbrella group that has no material existence.

Show me the usa without showing me individual people, or pointing to land defined by invisible lines. For that matter, show me the state/government without the individual people. Show me the thing that has this power that the individuals on their own do not. Does said thing loose it's "power" when one person leaves it? Twenty people? How many people have to be present to form a "state" and give it power over the other people inside the invisible lines?

Can you respect a concept unto itself?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 23:44, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wow was that name calling or did I "infer" something wrong?

You have provided not one thing except a clear view of your agenda LOL. Thank you.

So logically arguing your way if there is no standing army, there is no target and no need for one. According to your theory the only reason to need an army is if you have one in the first place.

Go ahead elaborate on why we went into Iraq for us. I am interested.

I have given you plenty in other threads and you have shown your intent there, I will no longer attempt to placate you.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 23:43, MagicSanta wrote:
I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed that some of the usual suspects in Canada are not supporting Glenn.

What usual suspects?
I am well aware that I may stand on my own with my views. At the very least I can stand knowing I call for force and violence on no one. If I am too be considered a fool for it, and attacked with harsh words (ohhh so hard to bare) then so be it.

Again, at least I am not the one advocating violence and killing as solutions.

To the mods, sorry for the multiple posts. I realized it with this one, and so edited at least it to include my additional thoughts.

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Gdw quote:

I do have a reason. I am curious why you would say being a nasty person is a reason separate from not respecting it.

Because one can be a nasty person, which I believe you are, along with some other issues which I am not qualified to comment on, and still respect someone or something. Do you find that a difficult concept?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 00:12, acesover wrote:
Gdw quote:

Because one can be a nasty person, which I believe you are, along with some other issues which I am not qualified to comment on, and still respect someone or something. Do you find that a difficult concept?

No, not a difficult concept at all. Why do you think I am a nasty person?

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I really have to decline answering the above question as I feel that anyone who reads your posts can come to their own conclusion, mine being that you are a nasty person.

Not everyone can be nice nor can everyone be nasty. I feel you choose the later and that is fine. Everyone has their own personality. However and I am sure it does not bother you as it would not bother me, it is just how you are... but I could never call you a friend. However I am sure you have many friends and may be a different person in the flesh, but I can only judge from what I see and read here.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 10:11, acesover wrote:
I really have to decline answering the above question as I feel that anyone who reads your posts can come to their own conclusion, mine being that you are a nasty person.

Not everyone can be nice nor can everyone be nasty. I feel you choose the later and that is fine. Everyone has their own personality. However and I am sure it does not bother you as it would not bother me, it is just how you are... but I could never call you a friend. However I am sure you have many friends and may be a different person in the flesh, but I can only judge from what I see and read here.

"There must be a reason and I would as I am sure others here would like to know what that reason is because you stated that you would not which obviously means you have a reason. So I do not find it unreasonable to ask. What is it? As long as you are willing to voice your beliefs here why not share it with us? Why [do you consider me nasty?] Come on fuss up and tell us. "

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
OK here is pat of my reasoning for labeling you a nasty person.

Your total disregard for peoples feelings, which you like to attack at a very personal level. That in itself makes one a nasty person which you definitely qualify. Such as belittleing either a person's religion or country. While you probably believe that you are very clever, you expose yourself as to what you really are, and that is a nasty person with a few ideas and I say ideas not ideals (you may or may not know the difference). You would rather incite rather than discuss.

Do you see yourself as a nice person or do you see yourself as an argumenative person with a nasty streak?

You do not have the common courtesy to respect someones beliefs. I say respect, not believe in them just show them the respect that they deserve for they have deep feelings about such things. But you would rather just hurt that person and belittle their beliefs saying that something has to earn your respect before you would use captial letters in printing that name...and who the heck are you that you are going to change the rules of grammer?

Just as in your footnotes you like to incite by saying "Man has evolved, God is Extinct". You did surprise me with the capitilazation of God...guess you had a mental lapse there. Probably not your quote anyway but you think it is clever and know it disturbs the masses which you enjoy.

I would like to end this by quoting your last footnote in your AV..."Don't worry, I have not forgotten". I will not forget you as it is unfortunate that distsurbing things linger in the mind more than the good.

Hope I answered your question as to why I consider you a nasty person.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 11:18, acesover wrote:
OK here is pat of my reasoning for labeling you a nasty person.

Your total disregard for peoples feelings, which you like to attack at a very personal level. That in itself makes one a nasty person which you definitely qualify. Such as belittleing either a person's religion or country. While you probably believe that you are very clever, you expose yourself as to what you really are, and that is a nasty person with a few ideas and I say ideas not ideals (you may or may not know the difference). You would rather incite rather than discuss.

Do you see yourself as a nice person or do you see yourself as an argumenative person with a nasty streak?

You do not have the common courtesy to respect someones beliefs. I say respect, not believe in them just show them the respect that they deserve for they have deep feelings about such things. But you would rather just hurt that person and belittle their beliefs saying that something has to earn your respect before you would use captial letters in printing that name...and who the heck are you that you are going to change the rules of grammer?

Just as in your footnotes you like to incite by saying "Man has evolved, God is Extinct". You did surprise me with the capitilazation of God...guess you had a mental lapse there. Probably not your quote anyway but you think it is clever and know it disturbs the masses which you enjoy.

I would like to end this by quoting your last footnote in your AV..."Don't worry, I have not forgotten". I will not forget you as it is unfortunate that distsurbing things linger in the mind more than the good.

Hope I answered your question as to why I consider you a nasty person.

Well, thank you very much, I really do appreciate it. Also, thanks for pointing out the capitalization in my signature, I did miss that. As far as I know someone else may have said it before, but I did not get it from anyone, not that I remember.

As for "respecting" other's beliefs? Why should I? Why should you? There are many who believe people of different races are lesser people, should I "respect" that belief? Not talking about believing it, the question is what merits it any respect?

I fully respect someone's RIGHT to their own opinions, but I, and no one else for that matter, has any obligation to RESPECT the beliefs themselves.

Many of the beliefs I do not show respect for have shown far less respect for me long before I said anything. According to most of these beliefs I DESERVE to burn for eternity for simply not believing them as well. They don't just say I WILL burn, as if it is a matter of fact, they assert that I deserve it. The individuals may not believe this, and as I said, I am MORE than willing to respect these individuals, but the umbrella beliefs of christianity, islam, etc, explicitly state in their doctrine these things which show exactly why I show no respect to them.

Now, if my lake of capitalization on certain words is the extent of my "personal" attacks on individuals, then I have done far less than many here. Even far less than just calling someone nasty. That would be a direct attack on a person.

That's not to say I ave NOT "attacked" people in other ways. I think the technical limitations of that have been a post calling someone ignorant, and another calling someone a troll. These are probably not the only things I have said, and I have used my fair share of colourful language, but I do not recall calling anyone a bad word. Said colourful language has been as adjectives usually.

People may be offended by certain words, but that's their prerogative. I don't use them to specifically offend them. If you don't like the word "moist" and I use it, and I being a nasty person? Perhaps if I use it repeatedly, and explicitly because I know it bothers you.

But, alas, it seems my views on certain beliefs is what makes you consider me "nasty." I will not respect any belief that propagates ***ation for not agreeing with it. Heck, I won't respect any belief that divides, ***s, or encourages delusions. However I will always maintain that your belief, and the imaginary lines you live within simply do NOT define you. You, and you alone, is what I will gauge my respect for you on.

And as for the part in my signature, it is not to incite, but to provoke thought.

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Well I see where you changegd the "G" in God to a small letter. Good for you.

I did not ask you to respect in what people believe in but rather to respect their right to do so and treat them accordingly and you answer with "Why should I?" It is not about you. You know that what I posted was to respect the right for someone to believe in something and for you to show them the respect they deserve as it is what they believe. No one is asking or telling you to believe in someones elses belief. In reading your post I am wonderinig just what The USA has done to you that you have no respect for it. Pretty gutsy stand on your part, of course this is on the internet and not in person.

Why would you care what others believe? Why would that bother you? Is it because you believe in nothing no God, no form of religion? Perhaps you feel empty and just want to strike out at those who do. I do not know your reason and that is why I mentioned in one of my posts that I am not able to comment on some of your remarks as I do not know what your motivation is. But this is getting off topic as the topic that you and I were discussing was your lack of respect for others and their deepest beliefs. If it makes you feel better to not capatilize certain words then go ahead and do so. Even though it shows disrespect in this case to The "USA" and its citizens and more so to those who have given their life for what they believe in. I am sure that you would not want me to disrespect Robert would you? Yet if he has the same views as you it gives me the right to do do accordinig to you. Wow the shoe does not feel so good now does it? Do you see my point? I would never disrespect Robert because I have the decency to respect your point of view. Not agree with it just respect it and your right to do so.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 13:00, acesover wrote:
Well I see where you changegd the "G" in God to a small letter. Good for you.

I did not ask you to respect in what people believe in but rather to respect their right to do so and treat them accordingly and you answer with "Why should I?" It is not about you. You know that what I posted was to respect the right for someone to believe in something and for you to show them the respect they deserve as it is what they believe. No one is asking or telling you to believe in someones elses belief. In reading your post I am wonderinig just what The USA has done to you that you have no respect for it. Pretty gutsy stand on your part, of course this is on the internet and not in person.

Why would you care what others believe? Why would that bother you? Is it because you believe in nothing no God, no form of religion? Perhaps you feel empty and just want to strike out at those who do. I do not know your reason and that is why I mentioned in one of my posts that I am not able to comment on some of your remarks as I do not know what your motivation is. But this is getting off topic as the topic that you and I were discussing was your lack of respect for others and their deepest beliefs. If it makes you feel better to not capatilize certain words then go ahead and do so. Even though it shows disrespect in this case to The "USA" and its citizens and more so to those who have given their life for what they believe in. I am sure that you would not want me to disrespect Robert would you? Yet if he has the same views as you it gives me the right to do do accordinig to you. Wow the shoe does not feel so good now does it? Do you see my point? I would never disrespect Robert because I have the decency to respect your point of view. Not agree with it just respect it and your right to do so.

"You do not have the common courtesy to respect someones beliefs." You did not come across like you were focusing on their RIGHT to believe what they want, and as I said , I FULLY respect that. Show me one time I said anything showing disrespect for their RIGHT to believe? A right to believe what you want is NO a right to be immune to criticize, or to hurt feelings.

Respecting someone's right to believe says not one thing about respecting WHAT they believe.

You can believe what ever you want, but if it's something contradictory, or bigoted, then I have every right to call you on it. Are you not going to respect MY right to do that? My right to SAY what I want? You criticize what I say, I criticize what some believe. I show as much respect for what some believe as you do for what I say.
Also, most of my critiques tend to be focused on what people advocate doing, or being done. These things are informed by their beliefs. It is when they advocate doing something, or condemning someone based on their beliefs that I may have a problem. Believe what you want, but if your belief says, implicitly, or explicitly, something like that then I will criticize your belief. If you act on it, then I will criticize you.

You can say what ever you want about Robert, or anyone for that matter. You can think what ever you like about them as well.

As for the usa, again, I criticize no ONE with that. I respect individuals on their own merits, not that of the bounds of the land the reside on.
As for people who give their lives for what they believe in, if I DON'T AGREE with what they gave their lives for, what they BELIEVE, then they are the LAST people that deserve my respect. Or do you suggest we show the same respect for those that flew the planes on 9/11?

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Give it up. You are what we say double talking. I am finished discussing this with you.

Your quote: As for the usa, again, I criticize no ONE with that. I respect individuals on their own merits, not that of the bounds of the land the reside on.

As I said double talk. You never said what The USA did or did not do that has you so bitter aganist what it stands for. Do you care to elaborate?

I repeat "You are a nasty person" and as you say "I will not forget."

Enjoy yourself by spouting some more hurtful and inciteful remarks about things that people have deep feelings for. However expect no more on this thread from me pertaining to your comments.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
You know the old cliche about the big tough guy with a heart of gold who never starts fights because he's confident in himself? It's a cliche for a reason. It's usually true.
There are exceptions, but for the most part it's the little guy who feels weak that is out to prove something. You can call it the "Napolean complex," the "yappy dog syndrome," whatever.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 14:29, acesover wrote:
Give it up. You are what we say double talking. I am finished discussing this with you.

Your quote: As for the usa, again, I criticize no ONE with that. I respect individuals on their own merits, not that of the bounds of the land the reside on.

As I said double talk. You never said what The USA did or did not do that has you so bitter aganist what it stands for. Do you care to elaborate?

I repeat "You are a nasty person" and as you say "I will not forget."

Enjoy yourself by spouting some more hurtful and inciteful remarks about things that people have deep feelings for. However expect no more on this thread from me pertaining to your comments.

You say you're finished discussing with me and then asked me to elaborate on something I said. I bit odd, but I will attempt to.

I do not have respect for those who claim that have a right to dictate what others do with their own bodies, and their own property, no respect for someone who comes a long and takes someone's property because they think they know how to use it better. These people who call themselves the usa government, or any government for that matter, do not get my respect. The "usa" itself does not exist. The closet there is to it is the people who call themselves the "government," and these people, in this context, have not earned my respect.

And no, I am not "double talking," I am saying this as clearly as I can, and using words to mean what they mean. You may have your illusions about what certain things are, and think that you, or numerous individuals, are are somehow tied to an illusion to the extent that to disrespect your "country" is to attack you directly. Aside from the millions of contradictions that creates as you will all have different ideas of what exactly "america" stands for and so to "respect" one view is to insult another.

Quote:
On 2010-09-10 14:39, critter wrote:
You know the old cliche about the big tough guy with a heart of gold who never starts fights because he's confident in himself? It's a cliche for a reason. It's usually true.
There are exceptions, but for the most part it's the little guy who feels weak that is out to prove something. You can call it the "Napolean complex," the "yappy dog syndrome," whatever.

Just curious if you could clarify who you were talking about? That sounds insecure doesn't it . . . Smile

RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:38, acesover wrote:
Does anyone here really believe that the world would be a safer and maore peaceful place if the "United States of America" disbanded its Armed Forces and its weapons arsenal? When answering this question do not add your, "if the U.S. did not do this or that yada, yada, yada".

NO
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Depends on what parts of the world are under consideration I guess
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
It doesn't depend on anything. This says it best. "Speak softly and carry a big stick. When both the U.S. and the U.S.S.R did that the world was safer regardless of if you don't think that is true.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One of the best ways to keep peace is to be prepared for war. - General George Washington (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL