The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Deleted topic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
So I just woke up and went to go check on my America is screwed topic to post within it and lone behold it has mysteriously dissappeared. Why has this occured?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Magic... Smile

Seriously though, it happens here sometimes... Don't take it too hard.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 07:35, Skip Way wrote:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0

And yet there are how many other thread discussing politics that are going strong?
And also, multiple threads discussing comic books right now as well. That's the closest I've got to a religion . . .

Seriously though, we are at the Café, so Café rules go, but it is often annoying to see them selectively enforced.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Must've hit 17 posts in the thread... Isn't that what you predicted?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow. Get over it LOL.

This thread has about 10 posts left if that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Maybe Al Qaeda are members here, saw the thread and pleged to wage war on magicians.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 11:42, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wow. Get over it LOL.

This thread has about 10 posts left if that.

Who are you telling to get over it? I've only seen reasonable posts here so far.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Threads are deleted from the Café all the time. Some clearly need to be removed, some are because of redundancy and some may be due to an unspoken prerogative. It's a free service given without guarantee. The sooner we all accept that and move onto other discussion, the better off we'll all be. I think that's what they're trying to say.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Based on the OP's own logic, they probably deleted the topic to avoid him inciting deranged fanatics to attack the US. That's democracy, kmpx18 style.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Perhaps they simply got Superman to trick you into saying your own name and the topic was returned to the 5th dimension.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Was there ever a topic?

Or are we just voices in your head?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Yes, it was I who predicted 17 posts. I was wrong.

Let me go out on a limb here and say that it is completely biased moderating that allows this to happen. There are times when it happens to keep the peace, but those time are few and far between.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:02, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Threads are deleted from the Café all the time. Some clearly need to be removed, some are because of redundancy and some may be due to an unspoken prerogative. It's a free service given without guarantee. The sooner we all accept that and move onto other discussion, the better off we'll all be. I think that's what they're trying to say.

Yeah, that was more or less what I was saying. I simply added that it is not always pleasant to see when the rules are applied arbitrarily.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The rules are the rules. We can ALL find examples of where things may or may not go by them. (thus my point of "get over it")

Thing to remember. This is not YOUR board. It belongs to another. HE is the ultimate deceider of what does or does not go on. The solution if you can't "get over it" is to move along and find a board where the editorial policy is more in line with what you like.

In the end all of this is not that meaningful in the grand scheme of the world. "Get over it" is not such bad advice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
Wow destiny way to go. you are sooo wrong in so many ways. never once did I suggest that they were going to attack us, I just brought up a recent news story and applied my views on it. if that's what you believe, believing arbitrary then so be it that's who you are. but I along with many others here have the right to express what we believe, fear and so on.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 13:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
The rules are the rules. We can ALL find examples of where things may or may not go by them. (thus my point of "get over it")

Thing to remember. This is not YOUR board. It belongs to another. HE is the ultimate deceider of what does or does not go on. The solution if you can't "get over it" is to move along and find a board where the editorial policy is more in line with what you like.

In the end all of this is not that meaningful in the grand scheme of the world. "Get over it" is not such bad advice.

I completely agree. Though, in regards to the grand scheme of the world, you have to pick your battles, and yes, some are better to just "get over," but many are far from it. It is different to say "if you can't 'get over it' [] move along and find [another] board" than to try and apply the same advice in the real world. Partially because online you can also always make your own board/site, where as in the real world, the choices are quite limited.

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
But, on the other hand, maybe it went bye bye cause the mods knew it was gonna get nasty.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Fear? Do not fear...
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
Magic santa I had other words to replace that at the tip of my tongue but they just would't and didn't come out as I thought they would
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Deleted topic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL