The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi everyone,

If you have any interest in the 3 shell game, you might be interested in the following story.

I had never played with the shells before in my life but I had a gig coming up for police and swat team guys. I thought it would be a riot to perform the shell game for a law enforcement audience. Since Bob Sheets and I are good friends, I was able to give him a call to see what tips he could give me to pick up the shell game a.s.a.p because I had only a month and a half before my gig.

Bob walked me through his One Minute Routine over the phone while I watched a video clip of it. (That was a trip!) He told me if I used his routine as a drill and I drilled it about 15 times a day, that would be the fastest way to get an advanced skill set with the shells. Good news, It worked! I got it down in 8 days. (but I did do the drill a lot more than 15 times a day, it's not only a lot of fun to do, it's addicting!)

Since Ideally I wanted to perform a routine that was longer than a minute, I added two more phases to Bob’s routine over the next 8 days. That gave me a nice demonstration routine that ran about 3 minutes and 15 seconds. I called it “The Perils of Playing The 3 Shell Game For Money.” Things went well at my gig and the shell game was a big hit.

Some time later when Bob and I were talking on the phone, the thought occurred to him that other guys might like to learn the shell game by this method too since it worked so well for me. I thought it was a great idea because I knew it would work for anyone who did it. So, we got together and shot the video we needed. We wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to learn, so we mostly used aerial views with both bottle caps and rings (so the pea could be easily followed throughout the routine/drill.) That’s how Bob’s 3 Shell Boot Camp came to be.

The Boot Camp kit comes with 3 bottle caps, a set of 7 School For Scoundrel peas (a $15 value) and a DVD that runs 1 hour and 36 minutes. Bob demos and then drills his routine several times. I teach the skill set and the routine from different perspectives to make it as easy as possible to learn the patterns so you can start drilling it yourself.

Once you have it mastered, you can go on to learn my routine if you like. I teach my routine using the same method, except I use shells and rings instead of bottle caps. There is also a bonus section where several additional insights and useful ideas on the shell game are discussed.

If you want to get an advanced 3 shell game skill set and learn two great demo routines in the process, I don’t think there is a better way out there than by using Bob’s 3 Shell Boot Camp. At this point in time, if you have any interest, you can PM either Bob or me for details.

Below is a performance clip of my extension of Bob's routine from Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp. I have found the 3 Shell Game to be my best packs small/plays big piece. It has built in audience appeal since everyone has heard of the 3 shell game but few have ever seen it in action.

If you add the shell game to your repertoire, I can assure you, you'll be glad you did. Here's the link.

http://www.vimeo.com/9364841

Thanks, and have a great day,
Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I've seen Glenn do this routine in person and I have to share something with you. He cheats.

In all honesty, Glenn does the shells as well as anyone you'll ever see. I also know that Bob Sheets has a great and long-standing reputation with the shells and he could work with anyone he wanted. He chose Glenn.

Unlike many, if not most, shell routines, this one is not confrontational and, even when you know what he's doing, you will be fooled.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
I had the privilege to take Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp with the man himself at a side session at Magic in the Rockies yesterday and all I can say is I am glad I did! This is the real deal, and the fast track to learning the 3 shell game.

Bob and Glenn do a fantastic job of explaining everything on the DVD and the fast track system they have put together will get you performing the 3 shell game faster than you ever thought possible.

Thank you Bob and Glenn, this one is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Cheers!

** Bill **
Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
Does anyone know where it can be purchased?
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of toberman
Magic Alaskan- Send a PM to Glenn
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
I have a question about the bottle caps that come with the kit. Are they just regular plastic soda bottle caps, or have they been "optimised" in some way to help with the steal? I've always wanted to use bottle caps instead of the traditional shells. I've practiced with them, but I've found they're just not very good for performing the loads and steals.
Thanks.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
How much does this go for?
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bottle caps are smaller than the shells and when you do it with the caps it makes the steal so much easier because of the size difference .

ralph this is the best investment you will ever make a life time of magic for around 50 bucks
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1811 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I saw Bob Sheets lecture here in Tucson, AZ.

We have a lot of lectures but his was one of the best ever.

Bob spoke about the 3 Shell Bootcamp. I wondered what happend to it?

Now I know. I found it.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2184 Posts

Profile of dmoses
For those of you interested in this I've posted a diary of my experience with the Boot Camp DVD here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=190&39

best

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
@Bundleofstix

The bottle caps are regular caps but they are different from soda caps. They are a little taller and they don't have any burrs on the bottom like you get when you use soda caps. They have not been modified, the bottoms are flat. There is a little technique we teach that makes the steals and loads look their best with the caps.

@ ralphs007

The cost is $55 which includes first class shipping. Bob and I both accept Paypal.(PM me for further details) You receive a full set of School for Scoundrel peas (a $15 value) the 3 bottle caps and the instructional DVD (which runs 1 hr and 36 minutes) so, Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp comes with everything you need... boots, helmet and hollering not included!

@ people who have never learned or performed the shells

I can honestly say that learning the shell game has been the most fun I've had learning something new in magic in the last 30 years. It's a BLAST to do Bob's "one minute workout" In fact, it can get addicting. The skill set (the steals, loads and acquitments) come to you quickly. Odds are that you've spent more time trying to learn single card/coin sleights than it will take you to become a master of the 3 Shell game.

And, here's a BIG bonus. You'll find that when you take out your shells there is automatic built in interest. People are intrigued by the game and they love to watch it in action. I imagine the reason is because everyone has heard of the infamous 3 shell game but they've never actually seen it before. This is their chance to see what the game looks like in action and to see for themselves why people have lost small fortunes playing this little game.

To hobbyists and pros alike, if you do close up magic, I can't recommend learning the 3 shell game enough and... Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp is being heralded as the best, the fastest and the most fun way to learn it.

Thanks for your interest and your time,

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2626 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hi Glenn,
I have some shell and SFS peas, is it possible just to get the DVD?
Tom
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2011-03-15 00:17, vinsmagic wrote:
Bottle caps are smaller than the shells and when you do it with the caps it makes the steal so much easier because of the size difference .

ralph this is the best investment you will ever make a life time of magic for around 50 bucks

Thanks Vinny @ Glenn
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
LOVE the Boot Camp.
Excellent job Glenn.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
I'm having a blast with "Bob's Three Shell Boot Camp" because it's me,Bob. Private Glenn Morphew was my first recruit for the "One Minute Workout". He was a great student and is a most excellent teacher.

The response from the video and the workshops have been absolutely inspiring. This method of learning, spaced repetition, works so well because you learn the sequence of the routine and polish your skill set with repetition. So your addicted to the routine before you learn the moves. Nice.

Joe Turner just reviewed "The Boot Camp" in the April issue of Genii. Check it out.

Push On! Bob..
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
Sorry you have to get this from me or Glenn Morphew.. Just PM us and one of us will get back to you. Bob.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bob I was the third recruit so" drop and give me 20" that's the moto of the boot camp dvd ,,, it is the bestdvd on the shell to date

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
Ginny- That's why you're in the inner circle. Thanks for your kind support. Bob.
sanjaya
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of sanjaya
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 10:05, BobSheets wrote:
Ginny- That's why you're in the inner circle. Thanks for your kind support. Bob.

Ginny's the best!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL