The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Over Matter by Osterlind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Richard has just released a new book, available at http://osterlindpublications.com/ - and this time, the book isn't written for us.

Oh, we can put it to use - you'll figure that out in a heartbeat. But it's mainly written for the non-mentalist, non-magic crowd - you know, "normal" people. <g> And though the topic may make you think Osterlind's gone over into the "new age" thinking, you're going to be very surprised.

You'll learn some way-out methods and ideas to help you develop, really develop, your intuition. Using these methods, you'll find times when you're suddenly not using mentalism "methods" but are actually determining what your volunteers are really thinking. (Was I ever shocked the first time this happened!) Surprisingly, these way-out methods turn out to be imminently practical. You'll discover the best advice (and the shortest) I've ever read for "cold reading." And you'll discover hidden depths you to yourself.

Being Richard Osterlind, he includes a great deal of passion about and for our art and craft. If you have no love of mentalism, you'll be able to develop such a love as Richard goes deeply personal in this book

Being practical, he also includes training wheels. To help the reader reach that "jumping off" point, he includes some simple, practical effects which will lead right into that state where your intuition can take over.

Though it's written as a handbook of advice for the layman, there's hardly any way you cannot emerge from *Mind Over Matter* with an improved mind and an improved show. If you come out of the book cold, I'd be very disturbed. This is a book worth re-reading frequently, which gives a one-two whammy to the mind and to the gut.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This sounds like great work from a great mind. Now if it was only gaffed as part of a secret M.O.M. booktest...
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
And how do you know it's not?

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Hmmm...
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of Darby
I've pre-ordered and am waiting.
Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
Hey Chet,

What do you mean by not for us, for normal people. Are you saying that we aren't normal??

LOL

Chris

I just pre-ordered mine as well.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
We ain't normal folk!

We be MAGICIANS! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
So I once read somewhere that people that do things like give tarot reading and work in mentalism, even if they consider themselves to be non-believers in things like ESP or anything supernatural, run the risk of convincing themselves over time that they have special powers (I believe they called it becoming a shut eye).

Is this the kind of thing we are looking at here?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I once read somewhere that people who try to derail or hijack threads should be ignored.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 23:45, nlokers wrote:
So I once read somewhere that people that do things like give tarot reading and work in mentalism, even if they consider themselves to be non-believers in things like ESP or anything supernatural, run the risk of convincing themselves over time that they have special powers (I believe they called it becoming a shut eye).

Is this the kind of thing we are looking at here?

I think its called closed eye. The only powers I thought I had were predicting the stock market. Lost a bundle.
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Will be a great reading as anything from Richard Osterlind!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:

On 2010-09-15 09:38, Stefmagic wrote:
Will be a great reading as anything from Richard Osterlind!
[/quote]

Dittos, and a kind gentleman to boot!
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Over Matter by Osterlind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL