The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » When is Br. John Hammans DVD Coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I ordered this months ago and was wondering if it is out or will be out soon. Hocus Pocus' site says a May 26 release date, Obviously not.

Thanks,
Smile
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I thought he was dead.
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Yes, ZOMBIEboy, he is dead. These were his Lost Works. Man, you and the dead, I'm telling ya... Smile
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Thanks for the info bumbleface.

(It's zombie as in the trick, not as in the voodoo zombies.)
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
HAHAHAH...I saw Zombie's reply "thanks for the info bumbleface" and the first thought in my mind was: No need to attack the guy...lol...::sigh::

Anyway, I've got these on order from Hocus Pocus and just sent them an email asking for an updated release date. I'll post it as soon as I get a response.

Supposedly the end of this week, but I'll believe it when I have them in my hot lil' hands.

FYI, for those who care, I got a email from Hocus Pocus today saying the sets were being shipped today. I'm pretty much "believe it when I see it" mode by now, but hey...y'never know.

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Houdini Magic is starting to ship this week. Be aware though that there is quite a wide gap in regards to cost.
In Genii Magazine, August issue, Houdini Magic is advertising the 6 DVD set for 59.95 plus shipping only until July 31st then a price increase after that date.
Hank Lee's is selling the set for 39.95. Go figure !!
Maybe it was a typo.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Possibly a typo. I know Hocus Pocus is/was selling it for $39.95 (the price I paid for it back in...heck, it was so long ago I've forgotten...lol).
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Actually it is not a typo!

The DVD'S were advertised for 39.95 but the Price went up. So anybody who orders them now will probably pay 59.95.

Stefan
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
I received my set of these DVD's on Saturday. First impressions: Nice box and labels (box holds all 6 DVDs). Liner notes by Kaufman and Racherbaumer are OK but shorter than I thought (I was hoping for little blurbs about the effects-guess I can get that from the book). Quality of film is OK (shot on a betamax in 1989). One camera, controlled by Kaufman (I think). Material is great(already knew that from reading the book). It's nice to see the effects. Very informal filming, including mistakes, etc. Kind of like sitting in on a session. Biggest gripe: the chapter selections only point take you to a specific trick. The explanation immediately follows the trick, but you can't use the menu to get to the explanation. You have to click on the trick and then fast forward.
All-in-all, for $39.99 it is an incredible bargain. The price is now officially $59.99, but Hocus-Pocus apparently still has a few sets at the pre-publication price--If your on the fence on this I say get it now or regret it later.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
In regards to pricing , I'm seeing the set still being advertised for 39.95 from several sources. Elmwood Magic, and Hank Lee's to name 2 along with Hocus Pocus. I'm sure there are others........... Hey $20.00 is $20.00.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » When is Br. John Hammans DVD Coming out? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL