The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Land of Allakazam 50th Anniversary Celebration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
It has been 50 years since the historic television premiere of the Magic Land of Allakazam first aired on Oct 1. 1960. To celebrate the anniversary a week long set of events is planned at the Magic Castle. Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell's son Greg has set up a website hearlding the events at http://www.magiclandofallakazam.com
Click on the "Join the Allaka Team" commeorative program cover on the front page and see how you can help in this celebration. They are accepting 300 people opportunities to either have their name printed in the program for $20 or your name and a short congratulatory message for $35. In addition you can sign up for a drawing to be held to give away a special Allakazam piece of memorabilia!
The schedule for the weeks events is posted on the site, so be sure to call the Castle and get your reservations in early, it will book fast. Only 7 more days available for the printing deadline for the program, so get you're name included in this historic program that will become a collectors item fast.
The site also has pictures, stories and other information on the historic series, Mark, Nani, and there is a rumor that there may be a resurrection of Magic Land staring another member of the famous Magical Wilson family. ( I bet mom and dad will make occassional guest appearances).
Check it out!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Thanks for the heads up, Father. Are you coming to LA for the celebration? It would be terrific to (finally) meet you face-to-face.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17161 Posts

I want to very much, but had already made plans to be some place else that week before I found out about it. Mark and Nani are such great people. I will really miss not being there.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Bummer. Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17161 Posts

You can say that again, at least with the program I can participate.
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
I attended the performance on Monday, Sept. 27th at the Magic Castle. This tribute performance headed by son Greg was very nicely put together. Mark appeared from a box and came out and did his classic silk to egg and then sat down to have Greg perform. Several illusions from the past were performed and the assistance were wearing costumes that Nani used to wear.
Mike Wilson (their son who was on the television show back in the sixties) was there as well as Nani (who assisted Mark during the silk to egg trick). Also performing this week at the Magic Castle is Bev (the one who played Rebo).
The program is very nice. 40 pages in full color and available at no cost to visitors. If you can make it...I highly recommend it!

Kif Anderson
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I concur with Kif. And last night's Alakazam reunion in the Inner Circle was obviously a warm nostalgic trip down memory lane for all of the cast members, and it was equally fun (and informative) for the audience as well.

The various displays of Alakazam costumes, illusions, props, photos and storyboards throughout the Castle are wonderful. There's even a "To Alakazam" signpost when you pull up to valet parking, a sparkly, starry silver arch over the Castle's main entrance and a lit "Studio 31" sign and curtain over the entrance to the Palace of Mystery. It's breathtaking to see so much Alakazam memorabilia in one place.

I'm greatly looking forward to tonight's 50th anniversary party

Greg has really done his family proud with this week-long tribute.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Land of Allakazam 50th Anniversary Celebration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL