The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Greg Willson Recap sleight hair issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
So recap is one of my favorite routines to perform. It has settled well without these past years, but I'm having an unexpected issue with my routine: My hair is getting long and curly. Although I love my long hair and really don't want to cut it,it is greatly reducing the visibility of both the marker (I use a sharpie not a pen, I just like it better and have some good lines with it) and the cap when it is in my ear. I've tried a few ideas like using a brighter sharpie or trying to put in on top of my hair behind the ear.
If any one has any thoughts other than "Chop off the mop top!" I am all ears (get it? because the ears are the issue)

Thanks guys

-Shane
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Is this the trick where the pen/sharpie/marker disappears and winds up on your ear? If so, I think you should do a search for Recap using the search function. There are links to videos and comments of other guys doing it.

BTW, don't try to write your own lines for this. Sell the ones that are already used with it. Then work in your own.

If "I am all ears" is an example of "humor," you have missed the flotilla.

If hair length is that big an issue with this, and you don't want to trim or cut your hair, then do a different routine or figure out a slightly different way to place the marker.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
" I have been working on this for some time... this is the part where it gets hairy..."
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Bill,

Although I respect your advise, why would you recommend me to not use my own lines? I have been using them for a long time and they make the routine me. Greg Wilson does a great job with the routine, I just like a little more comedy in it. And for the all ears part: dry dry humor that would not be used during a routine, even though my humor is quite dry.

I've been working on new ways for marker placement or just chopping up the whole routine and changing out 2 of the phases with some other sleights.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I didn't mean to offend you, Shane, but "I'm all ears" is hardly original. And it's not really very funny. I use dry humor, too.

H. Ross Perot used that line during his presidential campaign. If you saw a picture of him you will realize why it was almost funny when he did it.

My real point, though, was this. If you have a problem with the placement of the marker, pen or whatever during this routine, then you have two choices -- change the placement or change the object. If you have a lot of hair, you could probably use a longer marker.

With this type of routine, you have to adapt it to fit your own characteristics.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
The line was just for the post and he does have some ears. I've been thinking about adapting a few cigarette sleights from tarbell in replacement and to lengthen the routine if I feel it needs to be. Great idea on the longer marker. I haven't considered the length yet. I will play around with a larger marker.

Thanks Bill
~Shane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Greg Willson Recap sleight hair issue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL