The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Palmer in the German "Magie" magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Just got my copy of "Magie" the German magic circle publication and found Bill on page 412.

lookin' good Bill
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks!!! I haven't seen the article yet. I took a bunch of photos for the magazine. Christian Knudsen has just taken over the editorial reins from Oliver Erens.

Christian was a good friend of Borodin. I med Christian at Borodin's house a couple of years ago at a birthday party. Borodin spoke very highly of him.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Congrats Bill!

Speaking of birthdays.... Happy Birthday Tim! Wishing you many happy returns.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
majik_1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majik_1
Hi guys,
is there a way to get a English version of this magazine? as I don't read German.

thanks
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
This is your second appearance in Magie, right Bill?
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I'd love to know more about it BIll. Is it about your magic in general, your writings, the museum...?

Bri
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 13:05, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
I'd love to know more about it BIll. Is it about your magic in general, your writings, the museum...?

Bri
.....a centerfold? Smile Smile

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
As long as the staple ain't too cold Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think it's more about real street magic, i.e. busking. As I said, I haven't seen it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My copy of Magie came in today's mail. There was a very large section on Strassenzauberei -- street magic, which is what the Germans still call busking with magic. They have not allowed a small group of people to appropriate a term for a specific kind of magic and apply it to another one. The focus of the article was the Street Magic World Championship Contest in St. Wendel, Germany.

Some of our people from the Café are featured in this section. At the end of the section on street performing, there is a one-page article about how to select the proper cups for the job. This covers things such as the size, weight, appearance and durability of the cups. There is also a photo of me with some of my cups, as well as a photo of a portion of the collection.

In the upper margins of the pages about street magic there are photos of various sets of cups from my collection. In order to make these show up to at their best, I shot new photos of all of these cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 13:26, Bill Palmer wrote:
In the upper margins of the pages about street magic there are photos of various sets of cups from my collection. In order to make these show up to at their best, I shot new photos of all of these cups.

Hi Bill,

Will your new photos be posted anywhere or are they proprietary to the magazine?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
Bill,

Maybe you could get permission to post that section on the Café. I'm sure we'd all enjoy seeing it.
Magic is where you find it.....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The section about street magic is 20 pages. It's in German. It also belongs to the Magic Circle of Germany (Magischer Zirkel von Deutschland), and it would be a major undertaking for me to translate them right now.

As far as the pictures are concerned, they are photos that exist on the web site, just not in as high a resolution. Most of them were in the range of 4 Megabytes when I sent them to Christian.

The rest of it is a discussion of how to select a cup. It's stuff I have posted here before.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Palmer in the German "Magie" magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL