The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The AREA Book Test by Looch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
For those not aware Dick Christian (The guru of Book Tests) has reviewed the AREA here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=110#16
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Since receiving AREA yesterday I have been marvelling over its many subtleties as well as starting to learn the necessary. And to help with this, Looch certainly has made things easier with memory aids and, if all else fails, cribs.

The whole package is also splendidly put together and the book well - and cunningly - produced.

Although I thought long and hard about buying AREA, as I already have several favourite book tests, I am pleased I did & look forward to using it in forthcoming shows. Looch was also kind enough to hint at another secret hidden within the book which he will reveal in due course.

AREA takes book tests to a new level and is well worth the investment, both financial and time to learn properly.

Thanks Looch.

Neil
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
My postie is a marked man!

benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 09:03, Ben Harris wrote:
My postie is a marked man!

benny

WOW,No book yet?

Ben, I feel for ya. It took me 9 days to get my copy in Florida. I think that it may have gotten misplace by our postage workers.

Ray
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Keep me up to date Ben, if it doesn't come this week, Ill sort something out for you.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I know this will only be of interest to a few but hope it may be something useful.

For those who wear reading glasses, one possible place to hide a crib would be in a glass case. I could see myself reaching for my glasses just as I am about to write and reveal the word on my clip board and by putting on my glasses and glancing in the glass case as I close it, can surreptiously get the info. But shh ... don't tell anyone (well, not my audience anyway!)

Neil
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 14:31, NeilS wrote:
I know this will only be of interest to a few but hope it may be something useful.

For those who wear reading glasses, one possible place to hide a crib would be in a glass case. I could see myself reaching for my glasses just as I am about to write and reveal the word on my clip board and by putting on my glasses and glancing in the glass case as I close it, can surreptiously get the info. But shh ... don't tell anyone (well, not my audience anyway!)

Neil

That's a great idea Neil. Anymore crib hiding places are welcome also. I got everything memorized I need to but nothing for underfire yet. Like S. Ward, Im hitting it every chance I get. A MP recorder is excellent for the B***Gs which is the only way I want to perform AREA. I fall back and look at the memory aids just to have it as a back up and when I really want to jazz up the joint. Smile
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Neil,

I've used that ploy before. It's one of my faves. BUT, I use at as I put my glasses AWAY to further imply how blind I am WITHOUT them. Which actually is NOT the case (pun intended). I also keep my re*****r for Craig's devices affixed in the lid (under the silk lining). This way, I can get the signal whether the case is in my pocket or being held in my hand.

Looch,

Thanks, man. I'm sure it will get here. Jamie Daws sent me something at about the same time and it's not here either. Sometimes the "Royal Mail" is a "Royal Pain In The Butt." Frustrating not being able to get involved. And, to think Luke baby has had his now for over a week!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 16:19, Ben Harris wrote:
And, to think Luke baby has had his now for over a week!

Over a week and over a half dozen performances with it. Smile

Sorry man, had to rub it in. Smile

Royal Mail to Australia are a real pain; you think stuff has gone missing and then BANG it arrives a month later. I only get those hassles with UK postage.

I'm sure it will turn up when you least expect it.

Mines coming with me to Fiji tomorrow as well!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Anyone using a 3M polar filter to make a crib visible to the performer while at the same time invisible to others?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 20:09, Larry Davidson wrote:
Anyone using a 3M polar filter to make a crib visible to the performer while at the same time invisible to others?

I have thought of doing this, but went in another direction.

Ray
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
I did think of that but have not tried it yet.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Another crib idea.

In my shows I always have with me a small carved wooden box and use it to keep ESP cards, pens, keys (for Key-rect) and various other items I use in my show. As well as the box being put to legitimate use, it could also conceal a crib - and which could be glanced at when taking out a pen.

I have also had cribs stuck to my pen before now and which is another possibility worth considering.

Neil
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great ideas.

Luke, how are the reactions with this? Visualizing so many possibilities.

Ben, I like the nuiance of putting the glasses away.

Decomp
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Ok I've caved in.
I've read nothing but good things from you all about this.

I've stolen the petty cash from the till at work, raided the kids money box and swapped the coins for old washers.
Sent the wife to stand on a street corner for two nights.

And sent an e mail to Looch.

I hope you guys are happy with yourselves.

Steve
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
You will not regret it, this is pure gold for the worker! I like the box idea and may try that.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Welcome aboard Steve. You may just have purchased #199. Sure hope they sell out soon.

Also better hope you get it in USA before Saturday mail delivery ends.

Lost one crib and had to make another one. Got everything memorized now anyway but refresher training sessions are now in order.

Also, during my gig tonight I will visualize using this.

Decomp.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Anybody know if there is another Area owner in Holland?

Not that it matters just wondering.

Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ha, I wonder about that where I live also. Hope they are sold out by now.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Steve - and all who succumb - you have a treat in store. Never before have I put so much work into getting an effect right, but I know it is going to be worth it. This is a reputation maker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The AREA Book Test by Looch (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL