The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toppits and TKO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Clough
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Luke Clough
Hi, I am thinking of investing in either a toppit or the new TKO. I understand the difference about the TKO being able ot be used in just a shirt and having no need for a jacket.

However I was wondering if anyone has any experience of oth, and what theyre preference would be in regards to effectiveness/ease of use etc (clothing apart)
The amazing Thirdeye
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
26 Posts

Profile of The amazing Thirdeye
Depends on what you want...the tko was designed to vanish small objects where as a topit can vanish much larger/heavier objects BUT of course it might look funny if you roam the streets as a 20 year old guy wearing a tuxedo...
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
You don't need a tux for a topit!! A suit jacket is what most magicians use although you could use other types of jackets or coats.

Get Michael Ammar's DVD on the topit. That will tell you everything you need to know.
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Luke,

I use both.

Generally I use the topit for parlor type performances and the TKO for close up. The topit requires a sports coat or suit jacket and you can ditch almost any object with obvious size limitations.You have to experiment with larger objects to see if there is too much movement in the jacket.

The TKO is used with a shirt (in or out of your pants) and is extremely useful for ending clean using flat smaller objects like coins , cards, and keys.

If you do a lot of close up with the smaller flat objects and like to end clean, you might try the TKO first. It's a lot easier to set up versus the sewn in topit.If you like the concept and have occasions to perform for an audience with a sports jacket then add the topit.

Remember these devices are tools not effects and should supplement your effects if you have a need for them.
Arnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toppits and TKO (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL