The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » WOW 2 Face Up or Face down (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Which version do the workers out there prefer and why?

Face up or down? Why?

I just received the set yesterday (Face down) and the DVD has effects for both versions. I know it probably just comes down to personal preferences, but since this trick involves something so cleanly visual I was wondering how those who have lived with this for awhile feel.

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
When I saw wow 1.0 face up version, I found it is suspicious. So I did not buy it. But I found face down version is more nature when show in the ambitious card routine. And it should have more possibility. I definitely will get that one
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Do you have to put the card in it? Or could I put the gimmick on the top of the deck or card? Would it work if I made a deck case out of it?
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
I don't think we need it for ambitious card ending, wow itself is already a good trick stand alone
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
Both are equally good in the right circumstances. There are too many powerful ways of using them.
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
I have a face-down version and I think it is far stronger than the face down version simply for the reason the change is stronger.
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
I have a face-down version and I think it is far stronger than the face down version simply for the reason the change is stronger.
P.Synenberg
View Profile
New user
Abingdon, Va
58 Posts

Profile of P.Synenberg
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 05:54, RyanAdams wrote:

Huh?!
-P.J. Synenberg
calspade
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of calspade
I went with the face down version because I didn't want to be held to the same card everytime. From my own poll of magicians it seems like most prefer the face up. This is just from my own polling though.
braabesflaben
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of braabesflaben
I have a face-up version, which is nice and I like the visual change, but I have no excuse to use the wow during a card routine, because people immidiatly think it must be gimmicked when you put the card in the cardsleeve thingy.
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
El Puerto de Santa Maria
89 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
I like the face-down version, as this is more versatile.

The face up version force us to always use the same card, but with the face-down version we can use any card.

I would not do is use it to make an ambitious card, there are better and more visual methods for this, as the pop up.
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
I definitely prefer the original face up version. If I was a stroller and needed versatility, I'd likely feel differently. But I'm not so I prefer that handling for sure.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I just ordered the face down version and it wasn't possible to choose the face up version. Don't know anything about the handling since I just got instantly hooked on the wizard review. Any point in getting both versions?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I received the face up version which is quite versatile. Would like to have them both though! Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » WOW 2 Face Up or Face down (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL