The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Strongest Mentalism Effects? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I think a better question would have been: "what are your favourite mentalism effects". As has been said, this all comes down to personal choice..and of course, where you will be performing, and for whom.
I agree with Bill Abbott's "Celebrity Smart Ass", Cody Fisher's "Confabulation"....I also really like Jason Palter's "Red Carpet". These are all stage or parlour routines.
For close-up, you simply can't beat "Ultracinese" for sheer impact as a PK effect. And I agree with "Psypher" as probably the best/easiest imp device, though Ali Noura's "Steam" is staggering if you routine it correctly.
It's true that this is a vast field, and really difficult to make any suggestions other than the effects I personally use and perform.
My favourite "magician fooler" is "Nostradamus' Chest", and I also enjoy loads of multiple-out solutions, as these can be the most powerful of all.
Kollossal Killer has been mentioned several times.
;)
MagicBucket
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MagicBucket
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 15:07, rmendez wrote:
Can someone suggest or recommend what they consider to be the strongest mentalism effects available? Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGboVduTS4
I think as a spectatot, this effect will be so amazing.
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
I would suggest psycokinetic silverware and Liquid metal. They're classics I know, but in all of mentalism I feel pk and metal bending effects thee most powerful for spectators.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Presentation is everything!
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 19:52, Steve Haynes wrote:
Quote:
just interested in adding a few great, commercially available effects. Any personal recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Psypher by Robert Smith,if you don't have it already.

Cataclysm by Brian Caswell is very good for a lay audience if you got room for an extra deck.

Those are the first two that come to mind.

Just to say, I'm a sorta newbie, well one year in, and these two are great for me, You can use Psypher in your own way(this is the first thing I atcally ever put into a routine which I came up with) And Cataclysm is a total killer, use it along with a wallet such as infinity with many outs and also with the BIP book and you have a solid routine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Strongest Mentalism Effects? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL