The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wuthergloom's Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
eldritchtheatre
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eldritchtheatre
That should say "flattered"
Not "flatt". I'm not sure what "flatt" is, exactly, but it's something I'm not.
eldritchtheatre
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eldritchtheatre
Now that I have proved myself to be long winded and cranky...

To answer some of your other questions.

The routine is from a play called Doc Wuthergloom's Haunted Medicine Show.
It's being developed by Eldritch Theatre, a small professional company here in Toronto, Ontario.

We present new works of theatre which delve into themes of the uncanny and fantastic. We often use a mixture of puppets and live actors. We've been around 10 years.

The idea of the Haunted Medicine Show is to use magic tricks as part of the narrative of the piece, much the same way music is used in a musical. The magic is mostly parlour sized stuff, usually related to a horrific puppet vignette coming before or after.

There's more information on that play and the company at http://www.eldritchtheatre.ca

For the Haunted Medicine Show information, please click on the link "Other Projects!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24272 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You are basically right about the Hocus Pocus show that I did. I was actually re-creating the character in an historical situation. I did that for two years, 1995 and 1996, then the festival I performed that for folded. I don't think it was my fault, by the way. They didn't even have signs indicating WHERE the festival was!

There are definitely some elements of originality in what you are doing. However, the combination of the Bosco introduction and the Hocus Pocus patter was a tad too close, in my book, to what Ricky is doing in his historical presentation.

You will also realize, if you are familiar with some of my lesser-known work on the cups and balls, that I published a routine in three different sources, called "The Cups and Balls -- Done by Death." I didn't mention that previously, because I didn't think it was relevant, although the "final" final load would have been rather interesting if it would be possible for you to remove your hat.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wuthergloom's Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL