The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kakronen
What different coins to cup and glass routines has everyone seen?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi gang,
I have A three coins to glass in my stand-up notes! It's A one touch Handleing!
The frist two go one At A time before you Set down the glass to show the last one!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
David Roth has a nice routine that employs his "champagne glass concealment". I saw it in a lecture of his a few years ago, but I'm sure it's made it into a book or video or DVD by now.
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
Roth's champagne glass concealment is on Volume 3 of Ultimate Coin Magic Collection..

Very cool way of concealment! Smile
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I have a coins to glass routine where three coins vanish one at a time from my hand and appear in an ungimmicked glass which is 10 - 20 feet away from me. Then a fourth coin disappears from my hand and actually appears in a spectator's hand while I'm the same distance (it doesn't just "appear," the person can actually hear it and feel it appear).

I've shown it to Bob Sheets, Bob Kohler, John Kennedy, and Seth Kramer, but not to many other magicians -- I mention it not because it's something you'll find in print or on a video, but because I think it speaks to the value of coming up with something that not everyone else is doing (P.S. - my avatar is an artistic representation of the effect).

Regards, Larry D.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My coins and glass routine is based on the Fred Kaps effect in Routined Manipulation Finale.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I THINK,Curtis Kam is going to be doing his "coins-to-Glass" at the COINvention in sept.Might want to ask him.

Also if you do walk around then you might want to check out David Acer's "Coins-to-glass it's great for resturant and walk around.You can find it on "Magic of Canada" video from Steven's magic. It's also in his book "Natural Selections vol1"
Best
Joe Smile Smile Smile
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
David Regal has a sneaky simple version in his tapes. Clever lad, he. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
The "Coins-to-Glass" has captured the imaginations of some of the finest magicians imaginable. Edward Victor, Dai Vernon, Fred Kaps, John Carney, Bob Read, John Ramsay, Scotty York, and many, many others. My routine was shot for "Palms of Steel 2" but didn't make the final edit. It's still an active piece for me, and works on stage was a lead-in to a miser's dream.

My routine uses a stemmed Metal goblet instead of a glass. Opens with a production sequence inspired by Jeff McBride that completes with the Fred Kaps opening sequence, then four coins travel to the goblet by way of the Kaps/Vernon routine, then the remaining four coins (8 in all) are rapidly vanished, the hands shown empty, and the coins reproduced in a two-handed star.

I'll bring the goblet to the COINvention, but I'm not doing it unless somebody asks.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Harkey version has really good productions.. His vanishes aren't that great.

Lee
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I recall John Kennedy having a nice coins-to-glass routine at one time. It had a very nice way to announce the coin arivals.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan R
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Jonathan R
david stone has a very nice one in volume 2 of his coin magic video series.. I think it's called something like 'Cash Money'... very cool..
JOnthan =)
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Jontown is right, we can't let theis thread go by without mentioning John Kennedy's coins to glass. It looks impromptu, but the effects were frightening.

Just three coins. The first traveled from your hand to the glass in the usual way, to set up the premise. The second traveled while the spectator holds the glass. (your hands are not near the glass when the second coin is heard to arrive)The third appeared in the glass while the glass was on the table. Again, no hands anywhere nearby.

Very cool. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Where can we find kennedy's coins to glass? Also, I heard a very funny routine that used an assistant offstage but was supposedly one of the greatest "effects" for coins to glass. I can't really say too much about it, but if I was going to do a coins to glass routine on stage, it would definately be this one. Also there is another coins to glass that can be done close up with two glasses (one hidden) I'll let your minds wander on that and you'll probably figure out what I'm talking about.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-07-09 15:04, Curtis Kam wrote:
Jontown is right, we can't let this thread go by without mentioning John Kennedy's coins to glass. It looks impromptu, but the effects were frightening.

Just three coins. The first traveled from your hand to the glass in the usual way, to set up the premise. The second traveled while the spectator holds the glass. (your hands are not near the glass when the second coin is heard to arrive). The third appeared in the glass while the glass was on the table. Again, no hands anywhere nearby.

Very cool. Smile

Curtis is right. Kennedy's version is great. I think it appears on a New York Symposium tape and/or in some of his lecture notes.

Kennedy's routine was in fact the inspiration for the routine I developed. I figured out a way to have ALL of the coins appear in the glass without touching it (I thought having to touch the glass for the first coin, as John did, was a weakness of his otherwise brilliant routine), and also how to do it so that the spectator can handle each coin without detecting anything (which can't be done with John's method). With my method, there's no "connection," nothing to fail as I've seen happen to John when he performed his version, and no lighting issues.

Regards, Larry D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins to glass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL