The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Avoiding speed tickets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Interesting clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gcQDuv_Kb0&feature=related

Is it genuine?

I once stopped a cop from giving me a fine for using my mobile phone. Using deep rapport techniques. I got stopped and pulled over and my phone was on the other seat. He gave me a lecture that went on for ages (because of the rapport) and then he let me go. I didn't use any language patterns. And there was some luck involved.

I used to practice this technique in busy shops with the people at the till. I would open them up and get rapport and they would tell me their life story oblivious to the queue getting larger by the second. I literally had to tear myself away from them.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
As being a former cop, I can honestly say this wouldn't have worked on me. If women having their "puppies" stuck in my face to get out of a ticket didn't work, then some guy snapping his fingers and trying to plant a suggestion is not going to work either. Especially if he is going twice the limit.

Your best chances of getting out of a speeding ticket are here ( assuming you live in the Ohio Area )=

1: Be polite!! Acting like a @#*& and saying there are more important things we should be doing is a guaranteed ticket. Speeding and any other traffic violation is in the same code ordanance book as Murder, Robbery, Rape, Molestation, etc. I actually had a guy go into lunatic mode mode trying to downplay the seriousness of speeding compared to murder. I said, " How do I know you aren't in a hurry to go kill someone?" He got a ticket.

2: Admit what you did: You don't have to say, " I was doing 70 in a 55 because I feel I am more special than everyone else ". However, saying something like, " I have been on the road so long today that I lost focus. I am sorry I was not aware of this and will pay more attention from now on " will help gain some sympathy.

3: If you generally keep your speed within 5-7 MPH of the speed limit on the highway, 5 MPH or less in residential, you will not get pulled to begin with.

4: Trying to name drop is an instant ticket. We do not know if you are lying or not to get out of said ticket. However, if we give you a ticket and you really do know said judge, chief, sheriff, prosecutor, etc. as well as you say, then you should have no trouble getting this ticket dismissed.

5: Ask if you can just get a warning: If you have a clean driving record, the weather is clear ( yes, weather is a determining factor ) and you weren't going more than 10 MPH over the highway limit, there is a good chance the officer, if you were kind to him, will let you go with a warning. There are other things that are considered as well: Construction zone, traffic flow, etc.

I pulled a guy over one time and he got out of his vehicle screaming and using obscene amounts of profanity. He liked the fact that he could berate me in public and there was nothing I could do about it. However, there were people walking by that heard this and they gathered around. One bystander said that he was offended by this guy's actions and language. I looked at said bystander and asked if they were truly offended. They said, " Yes". I arrested the guy for disorderly conduct and lewd behavior. It was a minor traffic violation with a citation, but, as soon as someone became offended, it now was an arrestable charge. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
If it's a con it was pretty well done. Either way, he used the proper process and involved the principles that would be expected to work (some of the time). So, yeah, why not? I really liked it. For me the lad is good and this was I believe on a level with anything Derren Brown has done (assuming it's real).

Bob.
ps: Amen't I sad having to write: 'assuming it's real?' Can't I just allow myself to be fooled now and again and be ok about it?
pps: I also saw his spoon bending video. The idea and production was excellent for such a short clip, BUT he needed to take an extra second with regard to his angles. It wasn't very good.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The closest to shane's list was number 1. Now of course I have no way of knowing for definate if what I did got me off or if he would've any way.

All I did was align my eyes with his and gently nodded my head in rythm with his words. I also relaxed and put myself in to a light trance and lowered my voice for the acknowledgement that I was listening.

He slowed down too and lectured me for ages I just kept up the cross mirroring of his words.

I have done this loads of times. One of my favourates is to sit near the front where someone is doing a talk. And again align your eyes with theirs and gently nod your head in time with their rythm. Seriously try this. You will find they hone into you can'tt ake their eyes off you. They involve you in all their examples... or worse they try hard not to look at you because they find themselves going into trance.

After the talk its not unusal that they come over and start talking to you as if they have known you for ages. Try it in any group. Where someone is talking.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I saw this a few months back and enjoyed it. I thought I smelt a rat as both the driver and cop used the phrase 'burnt' the lights. However Spidey got in touch and told me this was a common phrase where he lives and all is as it appears in the vid.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If its fake he is a good actor. he was pretty convincing as the cop was approaching the car. He looked like he was preparing himself.

He must be slightly mad though if it is real to be getting all these tickets!
And I wonder if its legal to broadcast it on youtube? I would've thought the cops might do something if they knew about it?

I enjoyed the video though nicely done.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Like Ant, I too noted the fact that both Spidey and the officer used the term 'burnt the stop' in reference to failing to stop. It certainly could be a local saying though.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I like Spidey and this is a really great video.
I don't think it's genuine either but that hardly matters.
When it first came out, me and my film maker friend sat down over a beer and talked about how we could easily reproduce it.
I actually think Spidey has given us a couple of clues, but I'm not sure how deliberate that was, so I'm not about to "expose" such a brilliant method. Sorry!
Reg
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well I would've thought if it was fake it was obvious. The cop was an "actor". I don't think there is much of a method? Am I missing something?
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Yes, but I don't think we'd even be discussing it if it were that simple.
It has a certain energy and believability to it which makes it so convincing.
Like the best lies, I think there's an element of truth to it.
Reg

Quote:
On 2010-09-18 17:25, mindpunisher wrote:
Well I would've thought if it was fake it was obvious. The cop was an "actor". I don't think there is much of a method? Am I missing something?
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I am not going to say this is fake or will not work, just not on me. I am too curious. I would have given him directions, but, once that was settled, I would have wanted to know why he was in a hurry. If the answer wasn't good enough, there probably would have been a search done on the car.

If it does work, here is why I think it did more than the suggestion/snapping fingers portion of it. Spyder was all excited, which, most cops do have some adrenaline going during a stop. You never know what you are getting into. Spyder made it seem really important to find the gas station. The cops emotions are elevated more by Spyders emotions. Then Spyder brings him down again. The cop then realizes that finding the gas station is not that big a deal or maybe he is trying to see things in Spyder's perspective. In the back of his mind, he is probably saying WTF?

Spyder then tells the cop thanks and to have a nice day or something along those lines. Most people will respond with the same....and the officer did. By then, Spyder was pulling off. The cop was probably too embarassed to pull him over again ,so, he let him go.

I do not think it was a forgetting issue due to "plants" or NLP, but, an inability to control the situation and too embarassed to follow through with it. Regardless, it worked this time. I would like for Spyder to come and try that with the Ohio State Patrol and see how far he gets. Those guys are like the Marines of law enforement.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
The Ohio State Patrol? Yeah I tangled with these guys back in ther eighties. But they're nothing compared to Sandy and Duggy of the Ecclefechan Constabulary. They take you to a place of darkness (Sandy's garage) and b-gger you senseless.
Mindpunisher's been caught speeding in Ecclefechan 27 times over the last year by the way.
Concidence? Addiction? Naw, just life in the fast lane, Scotland 2010.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
My question is: does he go looking for them ...or...do they go looking for him??-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its true 27 times I managed to avoid paying. Good practice for language patterns. I didn't know about the Roger Ram-jetting. Sorry to hear about that Bob do they still write to you?

Did they force you? Or did you offer to avoid paying the fine? Aberdonians... tut.
nikstokes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of nikstokes
This looks like waking hypnosis to me
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Forget the fact that the cop is fronting to unknown people in a car, one of whom has a suspicious package in his lap (the ‘hidden’ camera). Both the driver and the cop reference ‘burning the stop sign’ and ‘going twice the speed limit’. A little too coincidental, but not out of the realm of possibilities.

How-some-ever: Residential speed limits in Canada are 25 to 30 miles per hour (40 – 50 kph). Round down and figure the limit in this case was 25 mph; was the car in the video traveling at 50 miles per hour? Even without taking measurement of passing object, it just doesn’t pass the sniff test.

I’m going to have to go with bogus video, although the driver gets bonus points for the acting. The cop sounded wooden, but then a lot of them do, eh.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It's the Jedi Mind Trick!

"These are not the droids you're looking for..." Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Mindpunisher, I have been doing the "lecture trance" since I was a little boy. I would get bored in class with what the teacher was teaching so I would see if I could get her to focus on me by mirroring and head nodding. After I had her attention I would casually yawn and see if I could make her yawn. I just thought it was silly game I had made up until I studied people skills and psycology.

I would guess the police officer is a friend. How do you fake a P.D. car and uniform with out a big production budget? I have an officer friend who would pull me over if I asked but I wouldn't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Avoiding speed tickets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL