The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Scrying Black Mirror (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Everyone,
I am learning about Scrying using the Black Mirror. I have bought ‘The Magic Mirror’ by John Nelson and really like it but would like to ask you guys about how well it plays (for lack of a better word)?

Do you find that it is well received with so many great tarot readers out there?

I am looking for unique ways of presenting it. Instead of just having it sitting on my table, would it add to the overall impact by having it covered with a cloth? I would tell the sitter that a mirror has two sides. One that we look into and the other is for those that looks out from within and that is why I always cover it unless I am scrying.

I am looking for ways to add more drama and spookiness. LOL

Are there any information out there written about the entertainment side (maybe by one of us)?

Best
Ray
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
I think one could take a hint from Brother Shadow's Ritual Of The Rock which, in turn is a continuation of the "Fairy Goblet" conceit from Pratical Mental Effects.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
For inspiration remember LotR and the palentirs.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 00:53, Robin DeWitt wrote:
I think one could take a hint from Brother Shadow's Ritual Of The Rock which, in turn is a continuation of the "Fairy Goblet" conceit from Pratical Mental Effects.

I don't see the 'Fairy Goblet' in PME unless my old eyes are playing tricks on me. LOL

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 03:53, isid0re wrote:
For inspiration remember LotR and the palentirs.

Yes, I just watched it YouTube and that is the idea I am going for without the rolling around on the floor! LOL

Ray
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaars ago (I was young and very handsome, I'm only very handsome nowadays), I made a flat black scrying mirror.
But I replaced the glass by a hologram (it was one of the very early holograms). Sometimes, a strange red figure appears in the focal point of a candle...
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Fairy goblet is in the jinx.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, 133 if memory serves me.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 10:06, The Curator wrote:
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaars ago (I was young and very handsome, I'm only very handsome nowadays), I made a flat black scrying mirror.
But I replaced the glass by a hologram (it was one of the very early holograms). Sometimes, a strange red figure appears in the focal point of a candle...

I like that idea about using a hologram!

I have played with the idea of faces in mirrors using the old fashion way. I have a table that I use for the frame (if you know what I mean). That way I can place a single mirror (no frame) on the table right over top where I need it. Think magic table and wells….

Tony,
Do you think that it would be too much to include (very sparely) your idea that you told us about in Carnival of Souls? I was thinking about reaching for the mirror and lightly rubbing my fingers around in a small circle. I am sure that you know what I am planning to create…… Maybe doing this would take away from the strength of the reading itself.

I realized that a reading can be very powerful to the sitter and maybe by adding an element here and there might under mind the very thing that I am trying to create. What are your thoughts?

Ray
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Yup, 133.
Interestingly, when I bought my skrying mirror years ago it I also bought a little pamphlet book to go with it, six lessons on skrying. I had never heard of the author, but it was (and still is) a pretty good book.

I looked at it a few months ago and suddenly the author was not so unfamiliar at all; it was Ra Mayne, part of "Korda RaMayne," which was the stage name for none other than Robert A. Nelson, this was one the books he would sell in the back of the room after his show! There still available for a few bucks at candle shops and occult supply shops.

Several books by Konstantinos (Gothic Witchcraft and The Dark Grimoire) make use of a rainbow color induction to achieve an altered state of consciousness before skrying or other work, that could work pretty well.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 4:03pm
If I remember correctly Konstantinos also refers to the mirror as a portal, I've always liked that idea.

I think this also mentioned in "Clairvoyance and Occult Powers" by Swami Panchadasi 1916:
http://books.google.com/books?id=tUXOAAA......&f=false

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

I like the word PORTAL.....

Never heard of 133 until now.

Thanks for the link it looks to be a good reading.

Ray
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Issue 133 of the Jinkx is the print up of the Fairy Goblet.

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 16:13, seadog93 wrote:

Thanks for the head ups of where to find Fairy Goblet!

Ray
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ray:

Yes, too much.

Tony
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It reflects all realities, past and present, near and far.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Do you have "Invisible Tarot?" It seems like that might work well.

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 19:04, seadog93 wrote:
Do you have "Invisible Tarot?" It seems like that might work well.

At the time I do not, but I do like using metaphors mixed with the Myers-Briggs system

Quote:
On 2010-09-19 19:02, Harley Newman wrote:
It reflects all realities, past and present, near and far.

It also can reflect the inner soul of those who might directly gaze upon it from the front and is why we look at it from an angle. We must be forever mindful of its power and abilities to REACH out and absorb the mirror gazer’s life force. Sitter, you have been warned… This is the reason that I keep it covered until I am prepared to temp faith. ….. LOL… Sounds good….

Ray
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Not a black mirror, but perfect for scrying.
http://www.gothicroseantiques.com/Wicked......ror.html
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-20 01:31, The Curator wrote:
Not a black mirror, but perfect for scrying.
http://www.gothicroseantiques.com/Wicked......ror.html

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

That thing looks so darn cool!!!!

It really makes a statment and looks the part.....

Ray
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Ivy leaves are linked to necromancy. Ivy is Dionyssos plant and was used in Greek/Roman Necromancy.
This object is one of the most perfect item for the purpose of necromantic scrying I ever see.
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2010-09-19 16:20, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-19 16:13, seadog93 wrote:

Thanks for the head ups of where to find Fairy Goblet!

Ray

Sorry I misled you. I knew better, just a brain fart, er, flatulance.
Anneman included amyriad of effects from The Jinx in PME,
which is not meant to be an excuse but rather a reason
for my age addled brain to causde me to misspeak,
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Scrying Black Mirror (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL