The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Buried treasures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
The Fritz,

I have always loved Dead Man's Hand, but I never thought to tie it in with Lorayne's Poker Deal. GREAT call brother!!

Namaste,
Vlad
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
I know this is an old thread, but rather than starting a new one...

I just found 2 in "Annemann's Card Magic", published by Dover. Page 13, "The 32 Card Mystery", by Audley Walsh, and page 36, "Synthetic Sympathy". The former is a nice little mind reading routine that is pretty much self working. The latter is a 2 deck coincidence effect using some basic sleights.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Hey Walter, at 50 posts you'll be able to check out the "Secret Sessions" thread, where Vlad was finally able to start a thread for both book gems and classic periodicals. I hope you'll get to check it out soon and share your findings there. Look for it when you have access. See you there!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Siekomagic
View Profile
New user
South Africa
76 Posts

Profile of Siekomagic
Hmmm also chasing that 50 posts ... mine seems a little further away though.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 07:31, Dr. JK wrote:
Hey Walter, at 50 posts you'll be able to check out the "Secret Sessions" thread, where Vlad was finally able to start a thread for both book gems and classic periodicals. I hope you'll get to check it out soon and share your findings there. Look for it when you have access. See you there!

Thanks for the plug Jeff! You, Motown, and Magicfish among others have really kept those threads alove and I receive a lot of PMs telling me that people are finding both threads fun and in more than a few cases, people have discovered effects they already had in their libraries. Now that my books are out of storage - well most of them - I hope to get kicking in again. In fact I learned a sweet John Bannon effect last night that I'll be posting in Book Gems later tonight.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
I've been able to find lots of hidden gems just by doing a search using the book names and authors. As many of you know, it takes quite a while to go through every trick in every book you have. Some of my books I have had for 20 years and still haven't been through all the tricks. Some you pass by, only to come back to them later when you hear that someone else likes it a lot.

thanks
Siekomagic
View Profile
New user
South Africa
76 Posts

Profile of Siekomagic
Hey walter

I have the same thing I am reading through some oldies at the moment like "The dai vernon book of magic"- lewis ganson. It is really great to see the insights that these guys had in terms of close up conjuring. Attention to detail is all I can say Smile

Regards

Sieko
cybob
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of cybob
I just recently read recommendations for Annemann’s Card Magic (thanks again Vlad). I went on to get his Practical Mental Magic. There is so much really good thinking in these books I don’t know how I missed them for so many years.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I saw an effect in the the New Selfworkg Card Magic by karl Fulves.
I saw a version of Stewart James Miraskill. Is is called Future Vision.It is
very good. I just noticed the book today by mistake on google
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Buried treasures (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL