We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ray-Mond Corbin dies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Ray-Mond Corbin, a nationally-known and highly-regarded magician based out of Westminster, in Carroll County, Maryland, died from complications of a broken hip at St. Luke's Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, Fla., on Friday, July 4, 2003. He was 86. A memorial service is scheduled to be held on Saturday, July 11, 2003, at the Carroll Theater in Westminster. Corbin performed across the country and he was the President of the Society of American Magicians in 1984. He was inducted into the Magicians Hall of Fame in 1990. This information was in the Tuesday, July 8, 2003, editions of The Baltimore Sun.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5344 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I am sorry to hear that Raymond has died! He was an old friend (both being Marylanders!).

I used to marvel at his ability to back palm two full decks of new out of the box cards. He was a tall man with large and strong hands. In his long career he did traditional stage magic, was a very skilled manipulator of coins, cards, balls, and thimbles, he had a traveling spook show, did fire walking (got some press coverage for that just a few years ago in his late 70’s!), he also did professional mentalism, and performed a hypnosis act. I can’t think of anything in magic that Mr. Corbin did not do

He was a very giving man. Many whose life he touched will miss him.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Please get in touch with the SAM Assembly Committee if you would like to send his family thoughts, cards, contributions, etc....

His passing was noted at the SAM Convention this past week. He was honored as well...

I wish I could have met him during his lifetime. Perhaps in the future….

From one Rey to another Ray....
May the creator bless you with wisdom and health. ~rr
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
I used to marvel at his ability to back palm two full decks of new out of the box cards.

Whoa! What a loss.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
392 Posts

Profile of Seance
I, too was saddened to hear that he had passed away. Mark Walker's seminal book on spook shows, "Ghostmasters", had a very extensive chapter solely on Ray-Mond.

From the book, "Ray-Mond had one of the most successful spook shows in the postwar years."

My condolences to his family and others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ray-Mond Corbin dies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL