The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for mystical magic books...something natural. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
I'm just wanting to know if there has ever been a book published on magic using things from nature like flowers,sticks,stones,herbs etc. I guess I'm trying to come up with impromptu tricks that come off very mystical and spiritual . Something that could maybe be used with patter about native American philosophy .

Thank you .
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Not sure if this fits your needs, but the following thread deals with an effect that uses a natural phenomenon. The final product has either been released or will be realeased soon. It's only one effect and is an ebook, but the effect might interest you. Just contact Funsway. best, bob

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
THank you for the reply . I'll check it out !
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
I would pm funsway. I recently heard him talk about doing tricks like this. Although, I think he mostly reworked coin tricks and the like. Ball magic could be done with stones or nuts. I have never done anything along these lines, so I don't have any patter ideas, but funsway should be able to help you.
Weird is part of the job.
JasonbytheOcean
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, D.C.
101 Posts

Profile of JasonbytheOcean
Mac King's Campfire Magic might offer some good suggestions.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
This might be of interest...

I just bought a "sensitive" plant (mimosa pudica) at a local green house. This thing is amazing, and it's not something that everyone has seen. If you touch the leaves they fold up. A more firm touch and the whole stem folds away. A few minutes later, it's back open again. I'm looking for a way to incorporate this into a soft-core "bizarrish" setting, maybe a "lie detector" or "who's the killer" type test.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
PostalElf
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of PostalElf
I used to cut myself all the time when I was younger playing in a field that happened to have little outcrops of mimosa growing about. Those stems have wickedly sharp thorns, so you have to be careful when handling it!

I think it might be interesting to have the mimosa sitting in a pot while the spectator deals off cards slowly. You have invisible thread/elastic hooked up near the leaves, and when the spectator deals off to the card you tug on the thread, causing the leaves to curl up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for mystical magic books...something natural. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL