The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Purse Frame Multiple Coin Production Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
This is the Pat Page Purse Frame Routine - albeit a little fumbly in places by Pat's usual standards if I'm honest (he'd have possibly agreed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lv3Y_HLx38

I've been doing this routine since 1981 - albeit Pat originally used 2 different sized Chinese coins for the middle and final productions - whereas this clip, from the early 90's I believe, shows him using a sea shell and a Jumbo Half Dollar.

In his lecture, Pat also used the frame to produce a small Goshman coin purse - he'd then tip out 4 coins from the purse and perform his (Brilliant) Coins Thru Table routine.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Some great resources here. Lawrence, as always, your encyclopedic knowledge astounds me as much as any of the magic I see on this site.

I picked up Tim's "Somethin'/Nothin' " videos and found great frame/coin handling techniques, in addition to some of the best patter to come with any effect I've ever purchased. I would recommend it to anyone, although it doesn't answer the multiple coin productions of the original post.

I can't wait to check out some of the other resources listed here. You all rock.

I love the purse frame. It's a dynamic prop.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 15:59, rsylvester wrote:
Some great resources here. Lawrence, as always, your encyclopedic knowledge astounds me as much as any of the magic I see on this site.

As for the tribute to Lawrence....SECONDED. He's truly a Café Legend! Smile

The first time I saw the purse frame used on TV was when Johnny Paul appeared on the Paul Daniels show in the late 70's.

Then around 1980, I saw Albert Goshman perform live in London - and my love affair with the prop also began.

I can't wait for the Patrick Page book to come out (hopefully at the end of this month). Pat had some excellent ideas with the purse frame - especially when doubling it up with a Thumb Tip! Hopefully, these ideas will be contained within.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-11-14 08:28, Merc Man wrote:
I can't wait for the Patrick Page book to come out (hopefully at the end of this month). Pat had some excellent ideas with the purse frame - especially when doubling it up with a Thumb Tip! Hopefully, these ideas will be contained within.

Just seen the contents list for the forthcoming Pat Page Book. At the request of the author, Pat's Purse Frame Routine (and other ideas) IS going to be included! Smile Smile Smile

There is a chapter on other Coin Magic as well. If it also contains Pat's version of 'coins thru table' and 'borrowed coin through finger ring', then you will be in for a real treat.

I honestly CANNOT WAIT for this book to become available.
Barry Allen

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 15:59, rsylvester wrote:

I picked up Tim's "Somethin'/Nothin' " videos and found great frame/coin handling techniques, in addition to some of the best patter to come with any effect I've ever purchased. I would recommend it to anyone, although it doesn't answer the multiple coin productions of the original post.

I can't wait to check out some of the other resources listed here. You all rock.

I share your loving of the Tim Feher routines. He has some original moves in it that are nowhere else to be seen. I prefer his patter for the somethin for nothin to the one of Grand ma's purse
However both routines are very consistent

Actually, I borrowed with permission (and credit naturally) one of Tim's move for the routine that I wrote for and fine tuned with Alex Conradi. The routine has been written after studying the ones in the bibliography above and attempts to get to the next step adding several feints in Fred Kaps/Armando Lucero's vein.A particular attention has been devoted to write the script and to audience test it for the spectator to "get into it".

It is at the moment IMHO the best routine around -not because I wrote it, but because it was written with a meaningful theme and standing on the shoulder of giants with entertainment in mind.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The first part of Alex Conradi's routine will appear on the DVD shot during the European coin seminar in Milan a few days ago.

For the entire routine, unfortunately, you will have either to buy it from me (not cheap) or to wait for Alex's DVD
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Mike Gallo's Pocket Counterfeiter on the NYCMS dvd series, it has been one of my favorite Gallo routines since I saw it in the 80's. Great patter to go with the production. Roth just put out the edge grip production from the frame on the last set of the series.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Purse Frame Multiple Coin Production Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL