The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Place to Get UNGAFFED Coins... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Perhaps some of you can help me. I'm looking for a place to get ungaffed coins. I know what you are probably thinking,"go to your local coin shop". Where I live (in a hick town) we DO NOT HAVE ONE. Sad,but,true. I've checked out "The Magic Warehouse" and right now that's where I believe my best bet is. I'm looking for 1964 Kennedy halfs and Morgan silver dollars. I can manipulate much better with a silver coin as opposed to a newer one (nickle plated copper). If anyone out there knows a place that would be a better choice than The Magic Warehouse, Please let me know. By the way, I'm not looking for the least expensive. I just want nice quality silver coins. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Lee. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

One more thing to add to the above post. If you happen to think that The Magic Warehouse is the place I should use, please let me know. Thanks again, Lee. Smile Smile ?????
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
One word: EBAY

search Moragan dollars, 1964 kennedy halves, etc.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
I found some good coins at a coin and stamp collectables store and pretty cheap. Sometimes they have a bargain type bin with beat up coins.
Hope this helps.
Jeff
mrlavaboy
View Profile
New user
Indpls
94 Posts

Profile of mrlavaboy
I know you said you don't have any coin shops in your town...how about a flea market? I get most of my coins at flea markets. There are usually a few people there that have coins. I have found that they can be cleaned up pretty easily and the prices are not that bad either.

andy
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Lee,
I'm also from a small town. However there is a gun, coin and pawn store that I buy my coins from here. I have Ultimate 3 Fly from Kohler and I bought 5 matching Morgans for $9 each. I've bought lots of Walking Liberty halves for $5 and some 2000 Silver Eagles for $9. They have always been very fair to me.
You can contact them yourself at -

First Stop
701 Main Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
605.341.5211 ph
888.404.5211 toll free
605.341.0431 fax
strum@rapidcity.net

Ask for Mark Blote. If you decide to buy something from him, I'd be glad to look at it for you before he ships it out. I have no relationship with them, I just buy from them occasionally. Best of luck.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I know this sounds off the wall, but even in your small town, this time of year there's usually a State or County fair going on... There's always a booth that sells coins at the fair. There are two county fairs in my area, and I almost always find something cool to buy...

Happy hunting! Smile
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I would say, go to the city for a day and go to a coin shop...mabee even visit he magic shop(if theres one)
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have found Morgans at coin shops for about $3.00 each. Bad shape, but they clean up okay, great for practice. E-Bay is good sometimes. Look for worn coins with little collector value.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Hi leefoley. I'm from Singapore, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to find US coins. Smile

Anyway, I just made an order to Magic Warehouse for some silver Kennedy Halves yesterday. They cost US$4.75 each. I'll let you know how good they are when they arrive. I can't wait!!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I live near a small town called Weston, Missouri.

They have a lot of antique stores.

One is called the Old Geezers.

The man who runs it is a hoot.

I laugh during my entire time there.

I also pick up Older Morgans, Franklins and Liberties which are of the "smooth variety"
very used and non - collectable.

Some one will know what they are "officially"
called. This nearly normal brain is still recovering from the IBM Convention.

I paid $2 each for the halves.

While in Wisconsin I was at a garage sale of a man that used to run a coin shop.

I picked up many Franklins at 2 x face value.

Harris

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I want to thank all of you that replied to my post. It is very nice to know that I,or anyone else,can ask a simple question and get this many responses. I appreciate all of your responses! Smile Thanks again. Your brother in magic, Lee. Smile Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Place to Get UNGAFFED Coins... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL