We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pocket index (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
541 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Hi
are there pocket index available in the market? if yes, which one is the best in your opinion, with a good ratio price vs quality ( other than Looch Pocket Index which is sold out)?

thanks/Fabio
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
221 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I plan to pick up a succubus soon.

Ad:
"Succubus is a Pocket Billet Index and Pocket writing pad

There are two versions that you can choose. The first version can hold 12-24 billets (Succubus Lite, $30) the bigger version can hold 18-36 billets ($37.50).

Succubus is made by durable plastic so it will serve you for lifetime."

It also includes a pdf with several routines.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1078 Posts

Profile of Jerry
This item appears to available now, please read the comments on the website first before purchasing, it's very interesting and informative.

Go here:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/succubus.html

I am leaning more and more towards making my own (I have some skills).

JerryB
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3383 Posts

Profile of Looch
Jheffs comments are interesting...

I was a little concerned when I read about this, it seemed to coincide with the last of the L.P.Is being sold...Maybe I should begin to make them again?

Also the intergrating on an index with a PW table isn't a new idea...It is the direction I took with v1.3 which has a working title of M.U.D (Mentalist Utility Device) The prototypes are being tested by workers in the UK and the US as we speak...M.U.D has been in development for over 2 years.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
I wish you would make The L.P.I. again! I was 'out of the loop' (due to family illness) for a while when you sold them and missed out on them
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Keep us posted Looch!
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Yes bring it back!!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4289 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm in if it comes back Smile
cryder
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of cryder
I m in as well. I like the pragmatic and straightforward approach of looch so I m sure his work on the subject will be very effective. I ve missed the first train, I won't miss the second one.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4059 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Interesting... never thought to take a PW board and add an indexing function to it... intersting.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
There is also an index wallet, the Versadex Wallet, from Larry Becker. Mark Strivings has a pocket index also. I own several and though I have never had occassion to use them in the real world, they seem very well made and easy to use.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have my own design in my last book - made out of business cards, and using strips of post-it notes folded once for each prediction...can fit in your wallet, or wherever you wish to attach it, and takes advantage of the natural way in which we grab things...holds 12 per side, make two and glue 'em back to back if you wish...

so two lots of 24 = 48, "pick any card, but not the aces..far too obvious..."

but I don't use them for that personally, plenty of more interesting things come in 12s...

the overall size of a standard 12 index is the same size of a usual business card you'd buy in Rymans...but you can also make them out of 5 of anything...playing cards, business cards, postcards, whatever you want...

not saying mine is best (certainly not) but its a handy size, and and each slip of paper is folded once...
I've asked to be banned
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Theres a sneaky approach in Christoper Taylors Poor Mage's billet system.

Never used the billet system but the index I like.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Hi is there a rewview any where for the Succubus pocket index?

I have done the search but can not find a good review, I am not too good at making things so would like to buy one too but only seen a comment not a review
many thanks

Please ignore this now, I am going to buy it anyway! I have a plan to tie it in with another trick, I did want to make my own re;instrutions of 13 steps but I am not a tidy person!
Thanks
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Jheff gives his thoughts here on something he sells. What he writes comes across as his honest opinion.

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/succubus.html
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
393 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 14:15, looch wrote:
Jheffs comments are interesting...

I was a little concerned when I read about this, it seemed to coincide with the last of the L.P.Is being sold..

Pure coincidence, Looch. But, personally, your indexes are the most practical and well-made that I've seen. So, I'll add my vote for your re-releasing them.

-- Jheff
http://www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Q by Cosmo Solano has imo the best index

Jerome Finley agrees and here's his review:

"I placed an order for Cosmo's "Quantum Connection" and received it yesterday.

I'm a bit hesitant to speak at length about this item because it IS something I'll be using on a daily basis; I simply feel Cosmo has provided a near perfect tool here and one which deserves a proper review from someone who purchased the piece and has received it.

For years I've been searching for the perfect i***x for my specific needs. All of them were either constructed with materials I didn't like or introduced additional props I had no real use or desire for. There were times when I came across or made an i***x that was quite functional but either ended up being too big, too small, uncomfortable, hard to manage and other pet peeves.

With the improvements made to the apparatus with Cosmo's "Quantum Connection", the quality of the piece(s), the minimal space it requires vs. the pure strength of the effect and final result (all things considered), for me, this is one of those rare "perfect purchases."

First, shipping on this item was incredibly fast. Cosmo received my order, sent the package out the very next day and I received it two days later. I always love it when that happens!

Second, everything here looks and feels top quality.

The packaging itself was superb; a padded mailer housing a sleek black box sporting a black "Q" designed specifically for housing this utility item. The presentation of it all was very nice.

Opening the box I found a glossy cover and set of clearly printed instructions, handling and performance tips (short but sweet and very, very helpful!), the gimmick itself and a few little "extras" Cosmo includes for performance variations including a card l***ing box and Goshman's coin purse. Both are meant for more magical productions of any named card and you can see both items being used with "QC" in the videos on Cosmo's site, which btw, is also fantastic (!).

The utility item itself is SUPERB.

These are handmade by Cosmo Selano and sewn by his wife (not mass produced or left in the hands of an outside source!), loaded up and ready for performance. For people thinking this is "just an i***x", well...yes and no. I really like that Cosmo keeps these close and makes them himself because he can make sure each one is up to his standards, is free of defects and works like it's supposed to.

Experienced performers will know immediately what the device used here is, how it works and what it looks like (kind of). What Cosmo has brought to the table is a streamlined handling and SYSTEM for getting to any card named in just a few short seconds with a fantastic tool to do it.

The device itself is made of high quality materials and should last for years and years with proper use. The "QC" gaff isn't made of plastic, rubber, metal, paper/cardboard or fiberglass - all materials which I have seen elsewhere and personally used for this purpose in the past...it's made of very fine, very STRONG, sturdy and supple leather. Though nobody will ever see it, this i***x looks and feels amazing!

Cosmo has really done his homework with testing this piece personally and professionally with his peers for real world use, streamlining the routines with the "QC" gimmick, perfecting the necessary handling involved and most importantly...making retrieving the proper card or desired bill, billet, hand-written note, business card, drawing (etc) a cinch.

The gimmick has a few really nice, really IMPORTANT qualities and features which help to further streamline the handling and the easy, immediate retrieval of the item called for. I won't go into detail regarding what these improvements are, I'll just say I've never seen them all working together so well in any i***x I've ever owned or used. These practical, intuitive features insure that you'll be able to get to what needs "getting to" in the least amount of time possible, with minimal movement (no pocket pool here, THANK YOU!) and minimal fuss.

Additional features include being able to increase/add to OR minimize the i***x when desired if you don't personally desire or require the whole thing (originally meant for a full deck of cards). I'll get to that in a moment.

Though you could carry and use the i***x from one pocket if you had to, it's obviously recommended the performer uses TWO pockets, and the front pants pockets are best.

The "QC" gaff fits easily and comfortably into my pants pockets. I immediately tried it with 4 different pairs of dress pants, slacks and jeans including my regular performance attire AND my normal, every day clothing. It works and fits beautifully in all of them...the i***x isn't too big and remains positioned perfectly. It's also very comfortable and you'll soon forget you're even carrying it. Getting ready to go is as simple as placing a wallet in your pocket and only takes a second.

Because of the materials used the gimmick is flexible - you can sit down and move around freely without any restrictions whatsoever and you're never hurting or disrupting or damaging your clothing, pocket lining, the cards or i***x. The gimmicks are SLEEK, thin and durable. The performer is able to manipulate the i***x and retrieve the desired items with room in his pockets to spare. I could still hold business cards, folding money and even a Sharpie marker with the utility in place if I wished.

All in all, this is a great product and a wonderful offering by Cosmo Selano.

One thing the potential buyer MUST think about and ask themselves is this...

Cosmo's "QC" WILL take up valuable pocket space; it's just the nature of the beast. For the working pro this free space is an extremely valuable commodity and for the prime real estate being asked for here (BOTH of my front pants pockets) the routine involved had better be GREAT...and it is.

You've got the option of placing the i***x elsewhere (back pockets, inside jacket pockets, etc) and while do-able, I'd rather continue working as recommended as it makes the most sense for me, it's the easiest and makes resetting "QC" very easy and no-nonsense as well.

If you have the free space and can dedicate two pockets for the necessary items (and you like the effects shown in the videos!) then you'll probably LOVE Cosmo's "Quantum Connection" as much as I do.

I'm a huge fan of the "thought of card" and "any card called for" plot. Kenton Knepper's "Kolossal Killer" has been a personal favorite of mine for many years now. That said, it's a completely different thing to REMOVE one card from a wallet after the card has been named and having the card ALREADY SITTING THERE on the table folded up beforehand! Though the end result is similar, I consider these two completely seperate effects that get different reactions.

"KK" is nice because it's practical and fits in my normal-use wallet.

Cosmo's "Quantum Connection" is great because it's so freakin' clean and direct. There is no denying your participant was holding the folded card the entire time or that it was isolated inside a wine glass before the routine ever started and the selection was made. Unlike "KK", this card is seemingly, visibly ON DISPLAY the entire time which is a definite plus...and because of the demands to make this effect work properly, you'll definitely "pay for it" with valuable pocket space.

With that said, to me this effect is well, WELL worth it. I will add Cosmo's "QC" to my working repertoire immediately AND continue carrying "KK" in my regular wallet as well. Some might even enjoy using them together, back to back or for repeat performances with the same audiences. Though each produces a similar effect, they are two completely different beasts.

I'll also add that even though this effect does require two pockets, besides allowing for an extraordinary effect and end result, I really think the "QC" gimmick does what it's supposed to in the most efficient manner possible. I've yet to see a better quality or more user friendly full deck i***x meant to be carried upon one's person prior to this. I know other performers incorporate deep indy work in their own performances and I think they too would fall as head over heels in love with Cosmo's "Quantum Connection" as I have.

Not to harp on the pocket space issue, but it's one that you'll definitely want to ruminate over before committing to this piece...just think though...with an effect this clear, this clean, this strong and this direct, do you really NEED anything else? I know I can use this effect (and very few others!) all night long and rock the house with it. For me personally, the two pockets used for this routine is more than worth it.

Of course there are plenty of ways to eliminate half the gimmick (or more) with a handling similar to "B'Wave" or Eugene Burger's "Thought Sender" deck and use only half of it in ONE pocket with similar results and stunned reactions.

Another point; this is ALMOST a "full deck" index (minus just 4 cards). Cosmo doesn't use the Aces (for good reason) and I thought I should point this out in my review. The 4 aces CAN certainly be used if you wish (I fit them into the gimmick next to 4 other cards there with no problems just to test it) though generally I don't like people to name an ace (and I specifically TELL THEM NOT TO!). Cosmo follows this line of thinking as well.

Now, the basic routine used with this i***x is KILLER, yes. My own uses for this are a bit different though and with an index that finally works like I need it to I can finally start working with complex psychological forces, drawing duplications, book test kickers (with tests like MOAB or "Insight", for example) and other pieces of information. I wouldn't mind having a few of these set up and ready to go for different uses; one for cards, one for drawings and one for a mixture of psychological forces and billet tests ("Naked Book Test", anyone?).

With Cosmo's gimmick in tow and a good billet switch the skilled performer can produce absolute MIRACLES with this piece. The same can be said for other methods and marketed i***xes, but none of the ones I've worked with function as well as the one Mr. Selano has produced.

To end, for the monetary investment I believe this piece is amazingly well worth it. The sheer impact and reactions garnered from producing any card named is worth more than the asking price each time this is performed, I feel. The "QC" is a powerful utility item you'll likely use for the rest of your career and even with heavy use should last for years and years and years.

Quality of the packaging, gimmick, instructions and extras aside, buyers are also given access to the "QC" forum where additional handlings, videos and feedback can be had at no additional charge. This is a fantastic value in itself.

Considering everything I can use this for and how well the "QC" does its job, how slim, user-friendly and comfortable it is, the incredible impact effects of this nature have on a lay audience, all of its utility uses, the elegance of method and simplicity of use (with near immediate location and removal!)...yeah, this one is well worth picking up.

I love it, I'm already using it (and will continue to do so) and I can heartily recommend Cosmo Selano's "The Quantum Connection" without even the slightest bit of resistance or reservation.

All my best,
Jerome Finley

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Patr!ck
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Patr!ck
Hey Looch,
if you sell the L.P.I. again, I take one Smile
Best from Germany

Patr!ck
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I take three
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
541 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Thanks a lot to All for this interesting thread

250$ seems too pricey for a pocket index even if well produced and clever

Samuel,
any more detail about Mark Strivings pocket index? any source available?

Fabio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pocket index (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL