The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Dangers of hypnosis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
All of this UK crap always makes me happy the pilgrims came over here, otherwise I would have been born over there....
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
"by most all of the 450+ UK Legal Licensing Enforcement Units, "

THAT IS HALF THE PROBLEM IN THE U.K.

450???? How big is that Island???
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Point of interest- uk councils responded to letters by JR with the standard legal panic. When I went to my local councils in both Bournemouth and Southampton and spoke to the officer in charge personally the resulting conversation was very different. JR obviously didn't include any information about himself that wasn't carefully vetted. When I showed a selection of nes clippings they did a swift uturn.

Remember that EVERYTHING which comes from the mouth (or possibly another orifice) of JR is what HE wants people to think.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
JR´s lung capacity exceeds my attention span.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 02:29, Zerububle wrote:
Point of interest- uk councils responded to letters by JR with the standard legal panic. When I went to my local councils in both Bournemouth and Southampton and spoke to the officer in charge personally the resulting conversation was very different. JR obviously didn't include any information about himself that wasn't carefully vetted. When I showed a selection of nes clippings they did a swift uturn.

Remember that EVERYTHING which comes from the mouth (or possibly another orifice) of JR is what HE wants people to think.


All 450 of them? And those legal cases are fictional too? Interesting theory can you prove it? I can prove how thorough and how serious my council were before I did my edinburgh festival run. And yes imagine the response after the first publicised accident by an unlicensed street hypnotist. If you think the reply to the letter was a kneejerk response wait and see what will happen then along with the media.

Nongard 450 local councils carryout the Law from central government. They have no autonomy. There is only one law. The fact that 450 have said the same thing proves beyond doubt the stance on street hypnosis in this country. If a simple letter can produce that response what do you think a publicised accident will do?

I'm not saying do or don't do street hypnosis I am saying anyone who buys a product encouraging them to go onto the street or bars should make it quite clear of risks they are taking. Perhaps in the past certain vendors could be excused for their ignorance and lack of experience with hypnosis in this country. But now its quite clear to continue to sell products and not inform their customers is dishonest at best.

This isn't a thread about jr its about the info.

It is also very telling of the attitudes on here that no one has opened a discussion about the various references offered in this thread. It sort of shows their inability to look at the subject objectively. And perhaps they realise that can't put up an argement against it. However I hope this thread remains as a source of information for those few that interested in the truth.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"Perhaps he will well us the story where two young kids under 10 went into hysterical tears seeing their father copulate with an inflatable sheep? And the mother horrified had take them out of the pub crying in tears leaving the father to continue...

There are irresponsable people out there who are a danger to the public."

So that is the PARENTS fault entirely and no one else's. Taking young children to a pub was the parents decision allowing them to watch a show with adult content is the parents decision as well. I fails to see it as anyone else's.

If I play around running back and forth across a road I can hardly complain after I get hit by a car and think that I have some valid claim against the driver.

So yes, there are "irresponsible people out there" and in this case, it is the public! It is the parents.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
This whole thing smells of scaremongering with the attitude of "I'm in the castle, quick pull up the drawbridge"

It did when JR did it, and it does now.

Minpunisher this is meant to be a place where fellow practitioners help each other yet when I asked what can be done to address this, you offered no help and just told me to make my own mind up. If you have looked into all of this and think that there is a case, then what IS the answer?
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I am helping you by giving you the information so that you can make more informed decisions as to how you go about performing hypnosis in venues streets or wherever. Only you can know if its worth the risk or not.

I am not a lawyer and can't give you any legal advice. I personally always get a license when performing in public that would be my advice. After 20 years of working as a professional hypnotist I can't be sure one way or another about the other dangers too. My advice to anyone taking up hypnosis would be to read as much as you can about the potential risks then make an INFORMED decision.

One of the reasons I stopped doing shows for so long was because of the lack of insurance. The other reason was because of the experience I went through because of the negative media. I went through a lot of stress and I was never prosecuted for anything. This affected me for years after.

However the info will enable those that are intending to perform hypnosis to see the real picture and potential risks. They will have to decide whether the risks are worth taking or not.

Again I am not a lawyer but I would suggest that anybody that sells hypnosis products should give a warning of the risks involved and that they are not responsable for their actions. If sold in the UK they should at least be made aware of the stance the councils are taking. And I believe the first publicised accident will see a rapid response from all councils who will be more proactive against impromtu street. But that's just my opinion based on my experience.

I can't make up your mind for you.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
MP,

a phrase you have been leaning on a lot lately is 'I can't be bothered' especially with reference to providing any kind of evidence that backs up your own statements. So it would surprise me if you had bothered to click on the references or read the pages of text you have so kindly cut and pasted in this thread and encourage us to read.

The first short url leads nowhere other than a filesharing site. The document it points to has been removed for libelous comment from numerous sites. As have dozens and dozens of his threads. The government link states clearly that according to its expert panel there is no evidence of serious harm caused by hypnosis and any risk is small. They do not back up any of JR or your assertions. Most of the other links go to the 'ban illegal street hypnosis' FB group where you chat amusingly with two of JR's personas at once. Why don't you do as I have and talk to a lawyer instead of blindly believing the hyperbole spewed from JR and his invisible friends?

Of course I make my students aware of the law and how to work legally. We do that on Day 1 of all my courses. I base my advice on that given to me by my lawyer. Actually he is a lawyer advocate who sits between lawyers and judges. He has discussed the act at length with two of his judge friends and discussed every aspect of my hypnosis activities with them. He and I are entirely satisfied that we work within the law. More than that it would in fact be breaking numerous European trade laws to prevent me from doing my work and there is no legal basis in the act for doing so. Contrary to the misinformation above not ALL councils feel the same way about stage or street hypnosis. I am insured as a stage hypnotist and apply for licenses when performing. If you apply for licenses for hypnosis you will find some councils do not require specialist insurance information. Some believe 'street' hypnosis between two individuals to be busking at most and not require a license as you know if you have read into your links above, this is the view from the Home Office following Jon Chase's letter to his MP. Some are happy for you to do stage and street hypnosis without any license at all. As zerobuble has pointed out going in and speaking to them about what you do will make things much easier. There is no evidence that street hypnosis inside or outside of the context of entertainment is illegal, with or without insurance. It will be the opinion of courts to pronounce it as such and that will ultimately decide, hence why I spoke to a lawyer instead of a council or your unhinged friend.

You are simply a pair of scaremongerers. You are the flipside of his coin. Both wrong, both bashing a strawman of your own making because no one else is listening to you. JR's latest marketing tactic is to send out his reports to press engines as well as use you as his cut and paste function. Alas he is not going to be the savior of the stage hypnosis industry. Much more likely he will road crash the industry again be it single handedly or with your encouragement. His actions are entirely transparent and increasingly obsessive and unhinged.

Think for yourself. Be bothered.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ant that is your opinion let anybody decide for themselves.

You are listening you arwe obviously replying. Show me one letter from a council that says its ok to do street hypnosis withut a license?

This afternoon I will post at least a dozen or more additional ones that don't.

I suggest your interest in taking money from your customers is greater than expressing the truth.

Again I am only posting info for those that are interested to read it. Nor do I claim I or anybody else is going to save any industry.

So where are these letters from councils that say they are happy for you to perform in streets and bars without a license? Show us.

As for road crashing the industry? You really think this is good for hypnosis

>>> BradFrom2010 (4 months ago) Spam Marked as spam Hey Anthony, I got your "reality is plastic" last night and today at school I had no intention of trying but I thought why not? wow I was impressed, I had 5 people hypnotised in about 10 minutes <<<<

From your youtube channel

Encouraging school kids with no training to hypnotise their mates in school? You really think that's good for the industry? I suggest that if anybody is going to road crash it this time theres a good chance it will be you. But lets keep personal digs out of this. Show us the letters from the councils you say are happy with unlicensed hypnosis in the streets or bars? Stick to objective raw data.

That way we can all get a balanced view. Surely you would be interested in a balanced view? And I don't understand why you don't welcome these threads they give you the opportunity to either prove your courses carry no risk or give you the info to ammend them. To call it scare mongering to me seems counter productive to you.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Now that's a fast learner. I encourage responsibility and my book is not aimed at kids. They are their parents responsibility thank goodness.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I see so what you are saying then is its ok for kids at school to go and hypnotise their friends? So if one them has a serious accident with your book you have no responsability? I am just looking at the guidelines for public shows it says here no one under the age of 18 should be hypnotised. If you look at the overwhelming evedince from the council's letters they indeed include street and impromtu demonstrations as needing to go by the guidlines. Do your products mention this?

I will have a link to another 50 letters from councils apparently there a complete 450.

So when will you put up yours?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ok here you will find some more replies IN WRITING from 50 additional councils

At this link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=......topic=51 (Anyone with a Facebook Account and/or anyone who signs up for a Free Facebook account can see replies from the following UK Council Licensing Districts:

Aberdeenshire, Allerdale, Angus, Enfield, Aylesbury, Barking & Dagenham, Barrow, Baisldon, Boston, Brent, Broadland, Canterbury, Cherwell, Cheshire, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Hereford, Milton Keynes, Fylde, Wrexham, Flinstshire, Cardiff, South Gloucester, South Hants, Newham, Plymouth, North Devon, Preston, North Kesteven, Ribble Valley, Nuneaton & Bedford, Rochford, Bristol, Scarborough, Westminster, Taunton Deane, Amber Valley, Fareham, Broxtowe, Sefton, Lancaster, Twekesbury, Calderdale, Erewash, Cardiff, Thanet, Harrogate, Swindon, Richdmond, Exeter, Havant, Ceredigion.

THAT’S 52 EXAMPLE’S OF THE NUMEROUS REPLIE’S THAT I GOT FORMT HE 450+ UK COUNCIL LICENSING DISTRICTS SAYING BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME THING.

Also on Facebook at this link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=......topic=56 is a letter from: The GOVERNMENT’S department of Culture, Media and Sport.

Again I will leave you and those interested to read this to come to their own conclusions about the legality and risks involved with impromtu/street hypnosis in the UK.

But to ignore this and call it scare mongering is not a very intelligent piece of advice to give your customers.

Now you have it checkable solid evidence. Now its yout turn Ant show me some letters that back up your claims.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Love the capital letters - very 1990.

It this is all so illegal then why has no one been summoned to court to explain themselves? In these times of economical hardship you'd think the Government would revel in the £1000 fines they should be able to pick up from Ant and his friends. Flippancy aside, if it was perceived by councils to be dangerous or illegal then they would be duty-bound to do something about it. Maybe it's not so illegal and dangerous after all?

Why do you seem so bothered with Ant specifically? Is it because you are having intimate relations with JR?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Hypnokid, it's not big in the news because the simple fact is the government (according to the laxed "restrictions" stated in the Hypnotism Act 1952) simply does not see hypnotism in an entertainment context to be dangerous. It's more or less unregulated. All the licensing nonsense is the same kind of licensing requirements one would have needed to acquire if one was performing as a clown. Basically site licenses. In the eye of the law, hypnosis in an entertainment context is simply entertainment as long as it's not risque in the sense of being pornographic/rated XXX. The only differentiation between hypnotists and other types of entertainers comes into play when trying to get liability insurance for performers. The insurers are the ones accepting or denying coverage to hypnotists and as we all know, insurance companies are basically independent third parties that are essentially independent businesses.

It's also not in the news a lot because well, it appears to have the same kind of liability issues a mentalist or magician would have had. Someone slips and falls and breaks a leg or what not. Such an occurrence obviously can not be blamed on the hypnosis and can only be blamed on the hypnotist for being careless in audience and stage management, but in that case, it could have been anybody, including a mime because the act of hypnotizing had nothing to do with the injury!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Hey Ant, you do therapy don't you? Can't you do a few freebie sessions with JR and see if you can help with his issues? Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 06:25, Shrubsole wrote:

There are irresponsable people out there who are a danger to the public."
So that is the PARENTS fault entirely and no one else's. Taking young children to a pub was the parents decision allowing them to watch a show with adult content is the parents decision as well. I fails to see it as anyone else's.
So yes, there are "irresponsible people out there" and in this case, it is the public! It is the parents.


Absolutely correct shrubhole. On the night in question the hypnotist called out several times to the guy who was making love to the blow-up sheep's children: "Turn away, daddy will be back in a moment. He still loves mummy", but NO, they simply wouldn't listen!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 13:19, bobser wrote:
Absolutely correct shrubhole. On the night in question the hypnotist called out several times to the guy who was making love to the blow-up sheep's children: "Turn away, daddy will be back in a moment. He still loves mummy", but NO, they simply wouldn't listen!


Now that act I wanna see! When will you be preforming it? Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 11:59, hypnokid wrote:
...
Why do you seem so bothered with Ant specifically?


Probably as Ant is selling more 'product' than JR and Ant has a personality that you might wish to talk to.

Quote:
Is it because you are having intimate relations with JR?


Well! Stranger things have happened Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 13:19, bobser wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 06:25, Shrubsole wrote:

There are irresponsable people out there who are a danger to the public."
So that is the PARENTS fault entirely and no one else's. Taking young children to a pub was the parents decision allowing them to watch a show with adult content is the parents decision as well. I fails to see it as anyone else's.
So yes, there are "irresponsible people out there" and in this case, it is the public! It is the parents.


Absolutely correct shrubhole. On the night in question the hypnotist called out several times to the guy who was making love to the blow-up sheep's children: "Turn away, daddy will be back in a moment. He still loves mummy", but NO, they simply wouldn't listen!


You guys are the future of hypnosis eh? What a legacy.

The fact the kids were in the pub means it mustve been a family pub. To do such a thing in front of small children no matter what only shows the mentality of some of the idiots out there. Its a pity the family didn't go to the police and put in a complaint.

To actually be there with him Bobser and think its ok?.....Its not what you implying when you told me.

Still no evidence from Ant I see? I think that speaks louder than anything. Both Ant and his good mate the social scientist with the open mind Bobser wanted references and evidence. You have it. You choose to ignore what a surprise.

Keep zapping guys...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Dangers of hypnosis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL