The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Dangers of hypnosis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I'm not really aware of any definitive term, 'zap,bosh,drop' could all apply depending perhaps more where your from.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Interesting, so zap, bosh, drop (well, drop is kind of universal) are all commonly used in the UK in regards to hypnotizing people, particularly in a street/impromptu situation?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Well I'd say so, though you have to remember that the so called street epidemic is really more of a buzz or marketing term, I can asurre that there are no hypnotists on any of the streets near me, in fact I have not seen one, ever, in real life.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
LoL, that's what I figured. The ones you may see on the streets or in the bars I would figure are mostly doing it for fun and what not. It's like seeing a magician perform for random strangers on the streets, it seems like it's incredibly frequent and popular due to YouTube and what not but in real life, it's still quite rare. Thanks for your reply catweazle!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 12:53, kissdadookie wrote:
LoL, that's what I figured. The ones you may see on the streets or in the bars I would figure are mostly doing it for fun and what not. It's like seeing a magician perform for random strangers on the streets, it seems like it's incredibly frequent and popular due to YouTube and what not but in real life, it's still quite rare. Thanks for your reply catweazle!


Yep, YouTube does make the world feel small at times! Smile
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
There are 61 millin people in the UK
300+ Million in the USA

I bet there are 50 people on BOTH continents who have "performed" any form of street hypnosis EVER. Add another 50 worldwide.

There are about 1000 people who have ever seen a "street hypnosits" worldwide...

It is INSIGNIFICANT and NON-EXISTANT for all practical purposes. You are more likely to win a lottery than see a street hypnotist firsthand.

After all, there are about 9 people out of almost 7 billion worldwide, who are particapting in this pointless thread.

Every MINUTE 24 hours of video is uploaded to youtube.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:37, Nongard1 wrote:
There are 61 millin people in the UK
300+ Million in the USA

I bet there are 50 people on BOTH continents who have "performed" any form of street hypnosis EVER. Add another 50 worldwide.

There are about 1000 people who have ever seen a "street hypnosits" worldwide...

It is INSIGNIFICANT and NON-EXISTANT for all practical purposes. You are more likely to win a lottery than see a street hypnotist firsthand.

After all, there are about 9 people out of almost 7 billion worldwide, who are particapting in this pointless thread.

Every MINUTE 24 hours of video is uploaded to youtube.


Yup.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:37, Nongard1 wrote:
There are 61 millin people in the UK
300+ Million in the USA

I bet there are 50 people on BOTH continents who have "performed" any form of street hypnosis EVER. Add another 50 worldwide.

There are about 1000 people who have ever seen a "street hypnosits" worldwide...

It is INSIGNIFICANT and NON-EXISTANT for all practical purposes. You are more likely to win a lottery than see a street hypnotist firsthand.

After all, there are about 9 people out of almost 7 billion worldwide, who are particapting in this pointless thread.

Every MINUTE 24 hours of video is uploaded to youtube.


Bang on sir, and you were right about the Goodwins Law thing too, RT being the guilty party!
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 11:43, catweazle wrote:
And on whether hypnosis is safe, I think we have the answer, again taken from Roberts web site...

"1. Is Hypnosis Dangerous?
No. The answer is as short and direct as that. No, hypnosis is not dangerous. It is a perfectly natural state of mind. People are sometimes afraid that may be they won't wake up or will be left mentally scarred and affected. The truth is that hypnosis is really just a deep sleep.

Sometimes people are enjoying hypnosis that much that they just end up drifting into ordinary sleep. When hypnotised you are still fully concious of everything that goes on around you and you cannot be made to do or say anything that would contradict your everyday morals and beliefs."

http://www.comedyhypnosis.co.uk/faq.html

And that really should be the end of this thread.


I'll refer you back to my earlier post, where I said hypnosis is only dangerous in the wrong hands. That website is designed to market me and my show, and therefore that answer is simply there because if they go ahead to book me then no, hypnosis is not dangerous Smile

Oh... and as far as your reference to me being the guilty party for Richard's version of Goodwins Law, I didn't bring JR into this conversation. That was done PAGES and PAGES before I got involved. Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 20:39, RobertTemple wrote:
Fortunately they are both pretty small groups or this could be the beginning of World War 3. It wouldn't be the first time I've compared the illegal street hypnosis crew to the Nazis... Brainwashing eachother with their rubbish. Meeting up in small groups and 'hypnotising eachother' to give eachother little egotrips because they are 'the hypnotist'.


goodwins law relates to Nazis, as the quote above! Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 15:08, RobertTemple wrote:

I'll refer you back to my earlier post, where I said hypnosis is only dangerous in the wrong hands. That website is designed to market me and my show, and therefore that answer is simply there because if they go ahead to book me then no, hypnosis is not dangerous Smile



sorry RT it does not state on your website that it is only safe in your hands...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Goodwins law???? then Craigboy has called me both a nazi and a hitler on this board numerous times. Also stupid comparisons to terrorists aren't too far away either. Which a few on here have grasped at due to the inability to say anything worthwhile.

A for richards figures about "street hypnotists" I've seen DOZENS on youtube where has he been?

As for Roberts comparison of impromtu hypnotists brain washing each other? You need to have a brain to start with. I think he was to complimentary.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 15:31, mindpunisher wrote:

A for richards figures about "street hypnotists" I've seen DOZENS on youtube where has he been?



HONESTLY??? DOZENS!!!! OH MY GOD ITS A WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC!(24-36 IN THE WHOLE WORLD?)

LOL LOL LOL
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I've seen quite a number of videos with cats using and flushing the toilets but have yet to see a cat in person which is that accomplished.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 14:02, catweazle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 13:37, Nongard1 wrote:
There are 61 millin people in the UK
300+ Million in the USA

I bet there are 50 people on BOTH continents who have "performed" any form of street hypnosis EVER. Add another 50 worldwide.

There are about 1000 people who have ever seen a "street hypnosits" worldwide...

It is INSIGNIFICANT and NON-EXISTANT for all practical purposes. You are more likely to win a lottery than see a street hypnotist firsthand.

After all, there are about 9 people out of almost 7 billion worldwide, who are particapting in this pointless thread.

Every MINUTE 24 hours of video is uploaded to youtube.


Bang on sir, and you were right about the Goodwins Law thing too, RT being the guilty party!


Just for the record, I've seen some of Richard's DVDs and he STRONGLY stresses safety. Even minor things that others might think are self-evident are covered.

I also agree with his analysis and say once again, to all those who would try to scare people into believing them: if hypnosis is so dangerous, WHERE ARE ALL THE VICTIMS?
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 15:31, mindpunisher wrote:
Goodwins law???? then Craigboy has called me both a nazi and a hitler on this board numerous times. Also stupid comparisons to terrorists aren't too far away either. Which a few on here have grasped at due to the inability to say anything worthwhile.

A for richards figures about "street hypnotists" I've seen DOZENS on youtube where has he been?

As for Roberts comparison of impromtu hypnotists brain washing each other? You need to have a brain to start with. I think he was to complimentary.



Please give the URL where you claim I called you called you either a Nazi or Hitler or both. Otherwise, just admit you're a liar.

Oh, I have called you a bully. I have said that you're a terrorist, trying to convince everyone that if they don't believe you and do exactly what you say there is going to be a stream of hypnotic victims coming from their shows, they'll owe a billion Pounds Sterling and spend 150 million years in gaol.

You've now made about 8 posts since you wrote that you were through posting to this thread. Yet another lie on your part.

Click here to view attached image.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
MP wrote: "A for richards figures about "street hypnotists" I've seen DOZENS on youtube where has he been?"

Yes the 50 I refered to are on youtube. You have seen dozens. That is 36 of them.... 7 billion other people on the planet left...
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Dangers of hypnosis » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL