We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best way to open the bottom of an envelope? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
On manilla coin envelopes and medium sized envelopes, is there a way to open the bottom flap without it looking like garbage so that it can be resealed and look somewhat like new?

I'm just sick of it looking so bad. No one has ever noticed, as far as I know. But, at least for my own peace of mind it'd be nice if it looked right.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
963 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Have you tried steaming them open? You'd have to go slowly and take them in and out of the steam to avoid puckering. There's also "CIA Flaps and Seals Manual" from Paladin Press, which may prove useful.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2586 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
How are you doing it at the moment?
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
How about slitting the bottom open with a craft knife then using a glue stick to re-seal them?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Experiment! test out! try it! do it all again!

experimenting and doing it for yourself is one of the joys of mentalism...dont leapfrog it...what works for you "best", may be different to others...

whats the very best bean to make a cup of coffee?
I've asked to be banned
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
My advice is to open one badly ,utilise it as a template and make your own .From there you can customise any modifications you require .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I've been trying to figure this out for months. Nothing I've tried works. :-/

I tried steaming it, that still seems like the best bet, but it warped the paper. Does anyone here have experience steaming open envelopes that knows the best way to do it?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Stamp collectors use a liquid for removing stamps that have been glued to envelopes .Have a google , they may still sell it .
Mark
E.O.I
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I just made my own envelopes. Just experiment with adhesives so you avoid wrinkling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best way to open the bottom of an envelope? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL