The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Spring Flowers----who makes the best ones ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I'm looking for good quality, long-lasting spring flowers in red and yellow blooms with green outer leaves. More "realistic" looking the better.

Anyone have a good source for who makes good spring flowers ?

Alternatively, does anyone know what is the best sort of "spring" steel to use to make your own spring flowers ?

I would not mind cutting my own, but would like to know what is the best type of steel to use for the "springs".
(same for making spring bills)
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have extensively searched and asked this question to several pros. There is only one location on the Internet that makes the best flowers, but not the little spring ones:

Marshall' Magical Website

Since they are the best Sleeve Bouquets and Botanias, they are also costly but should last a lifetime. He may make them to order.

I like the little gold, silver, red, and green shiny flowers and got them on David Ginn's website. There is no one who makes real looking spring folding flowers. If there is I sure hope they post it here!
Dennis Michael
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
My friend bought for me some Black Hat Spring Flowers from Taiwan. Reasonably priced and it is very well made. And the bloom is larger than the standard ones. Smile
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
You can cut the spring steel from a flexible steel tape measure. Take a look at a spring flower, however, they are NOT just a spring twisted in half...there is a cut. Honestly, I do not think it is worth making them. I have done so and it takes practice to do them neatly.

Most dealers sell them in accessories. I got some from Magic Inc, years back, with cloth outer leaves...they are best if you can get them...tougher. When you get them, keep them flat between two sheets of cardboard and they will last. Then be careful after you take them home after a show...that they do not get wrinkled or wet.
quack
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
Morrissey Magic Ltd. in Canada sells a green ,white and red, paper spring flower that is very bright and heavier than your average tissue paper. I think they must import them from Japan or Taiwan.
Darryl the Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Spring Flowers----who makes the best ones ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL