The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Soma's coin to bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
Hello coin-men. I'm not coin magician myself but I hope you can help me. I would like to know what's the effect called in Soma's video (3'28'') where coin changes to big silk bill. Also where can I purchase the gimmick?
Also, my country will change from our currency to Euro soon if anyone have great ideas how to change one currency to another (on stage-not on close up circumstances) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your help and all the best!

PS! Here's the link to Soma Fism act (but you all seen it already Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucxw56RDik
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Fakiir,

This has been discussed already on the café and you'll find it if you do a search. Anyway, bad news for you :

Soma's effect is a personal custom made effect, that you can't purchase in a magic shop.

So all you could do is, play around a little bit with the material used in this effect or the one you would like to recreate and come up with your own solution.

Good luck.

Oliver.
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
Oliver, thanks a lot for your answer! All the best!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Watching Soma do that routine always gives me goosse bumps. What a great act!
Sammy J. Teague
danmarimba123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of danmarimba123
That is seriously impressive
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Fakiir

I have seen Soma perform this routine live and it is fantastic. I don't know the exact method that Soma is using for the Coin to silk but you can recreate this quite easily with a little imagination a special something from JSB.

All The Best
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
Thanks a lot guys, I have my own recreation on mind already!
Cheers!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Thanks for the link. Great act!!
PetePennekett
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of PetePennekett
That's a very nice act, thanks for the link. Smile
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Unbelievable performance !!!!

Thanks.
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
That's one of these few magic acts where actually everything has a meaning. That's why it's so good. Of course Soma's stage presence and acting skills are fantastic as well!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Love Soma, he is a complete magician in all ways. Just loads of fun watching him, a lot like David Stone, you never know what to expect next as he can do it all. Marvelous worker. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Phenomenal act! I could watch that all day.

Thanks!

Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Makes me proud to be a Hungarian Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kellebotond
View Profile
New user
Hungary
86 Posts

Profile of kellebotond
Soma started to sell this specific effect at his lectures (not available at any shops right now). If you contact him he could might send you one. It is called TRANSFORMONEY.

You can find his contact info here:

http://www.somashow.com/
Bûvészmûsor Rendelés
http://www.buveszmusor.hu/
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
As for the performance, I always enjoy watching him. His routining is magnificent, and his timing is dead-on and if it is not perfect as-is, it is definitely as close to perfection as you will ever see.

TRANSFORMONEY is a great piece, but if you cannot get that one, look into a DVD called Skullkracker by Bob Sheets (produced by Bob Kohler - http://www.bobkohlermagic.com). It is a wonderful, instantaneous bill change that can be done with any paper/linen-based currency. You can even start with a physically smaller bill and change it into a larger bill (like going from an Indian 10 Rupee to a 100 or 500 Rupee note). It is very visual and is extremely well taught by Bob Sheets.
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
If you contact Soma by Email I am sure he will sell you one. He was selling them at his lecture just before the 4F convention in April. I think he charges 20 bucks or something in that range.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Soma's coin to bill (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL