The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Too Many Restorations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1054 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Do you think it would be a little redundant to perform a cut and restored rope routine and a newspaper tear in the same show together? Or the sucker torn and restored tissue paper and the gypsy thread?
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I think it depends on your routining.

As separate acts, it seems redundant. But if you routined one act that used both effects around a common patter or story line it could be very powerful.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8526 Posts

Profile of funsway
I do a running rope routine with other effects mixed in that has four separate C&R -- all different and all make sense to the need to get various objects on and off the rope. I have never received any feedback that the effects are redundant. What people do remember (or comment on) is my starting with a single rope with objects on it, cut up the rope into many pieces and end up with a single rope.

However, I never make an effect out of any of the C&R's -- they just happen along the way as if the rope has a mind of its own.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3024 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Get in touch with Whit Haydn, a member of the Café. He does both, and he can probably tell you about how well the two of them might or might not fit in a single act, and what one has to do to make it work.
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Too Many Restorations? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL