We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card Guys- I have great news! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
My friend, and fantastic magician, Jeff Hinchliffe will be doing his first international lecture tour next month, and I wanted to give you all the scoop.

Jeff has spent the past 14 years working as a professional magician, a magic-store demonstrator, a hand-double and consultant for film and television work. Combining scholarly research of magic, diligent practice, refined technique and an Honours B.Sc. in Psychology, Jeff’s magic isn’t just practical and innovative- it’s downright devastating. With just a pack of cards you’ll create a déjà vu experience, produce any freely-named four-of-a-kind, divine mentally-thought of selections (with multiple methods) and have the cards behave in ways that defy logic.

This lecture features something for everyone, from a range of self-working and difficult card miracles to a host of powerful, and practical, non-card material (including a sponge-ball routine Jeff’s been using in restaurants for the past decade that features an ending as powerful as a ’20 ball’ production but without taking up all the pocket space!). These aren’t pipe dream or tricks just for magicians- this is real world magic from a guy whose livelihood depends on hitting them hard every single time.

In addition, a portion of the lecture will be dedicated to Jeff’s work on the memorized deck, including the thinking that’s earned him the reputation as Canada’s foremost expert on it (and the material that’s won him acclaim from some of the biggest magic publications in the world). Focusing on applications for “think a card” magic, jazzing, estimation, and maintaining your stack- if you’re a memorized deck user this will take your work to the next level, and if you’ve never played with one you’ll soon become a convert.

Below is a list of dates and cities Jeff will be lecturing, with more to be added soon. In addition, Jeff will have a blog up (address coming soon) which will feature video, free tricks to download, responses to questions you might have for him and notes from the road. I hope you'll all check it out!

Jeff will be lecturing in Ottawa on Tuesday the 19th, Montreal on the 20th, and Denny and Lee's on the 30th. More dates will be posted soon!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
While reading the Café I stumbled over some threads about Jeff and his work. These might give you an idea about what you can expect!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

Also, if you're willing to search his name, you'll find several tricks that he's submitted to the Café over the past 6 or 7 years. There's a really clever triumph and a wonderful version of Chicago Opener that caused quite a buzz when it was shared a few years ago.

Best,
Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Jeff has a blog now and he'll be posting quite a bit of content over the next few weeks. Check it out!

http://jhmagic.blogspot.com/

entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Jeff is a very nice guy who cares deeply about his magic.

I'm sure that his lecture is extraordinary. Do yourself a favor and check Jeff out when he's in your area.

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card Guys- I have great news! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL